About The Profile

Based on research by the World Health Organization around 450 million people currently struggle with mental illness around the world. Though there have been many strides taken in creating social awareness and decreasing stigma around mental illness, many communities, families and individuals still hold beliefs that label mental illness as shameful or imagined.

ProfileMentalHealth is a formerly Ambassador run account that will act as a hub for those looking for resources and education on mental health, who are personally affected by mental health diagnoses, and in search of stories that highlight the challenges and triumphs of balancing mental well-being. Through the wealth of stories that Wattpad has to offer, we hope to give you somewhere to find inspiration, solace, and the understanding that you are not alone.

If you have a story to tell or would like to recommend a book for our reading lists, please refer to the Reading List Descriptions and Reading List Submission Guidelines chapters of our Community Guidebook.

We are not able to act as mental health clinicians, counselors, or therapists. Please refer to Wattpad's Counseling and Prevention Resources if you are in need of additional support.

Please adhere to Wattpad's Content Guidelines. Mental health challenges are something to take serious and handle with sensitivity. We want to ensure this profile can act as a source for help and inspiration. Lets work together to make this community a place of safety, empathy, and love.

The ProfileMentalHealth community and its team hope to be a source of light in moments of darkness.