I Didn't Think It Would Come This Far

Chapter 29-

**Ryan’s POV**

“Yes, please, please, please, you have to come!!” I heard this annoying girl say.

I rolled my eyes. What was her name again?.

I sighed in frustration. “Look, I’m not in the mood for parties”.

She gave me a sad look but composed herself a few seconds later. “Well, you’re a loser” She spat.

I scoffed. “Me? Why am I a loser? Just because I won’t go to the party to sleep with you?”.

I held in my laugh. You should have seen her face. Her mouth opened widely and before she could do or say anything I turned around and walked out of the school.

While making my way to the car, I heard some idiots talking about a special someone.

“Yeah, I bet she ran away with Tom, she’s a whore” Some guy I recognized like Victor.

“I bet. But she had it well hidden” The guy in front of him said.

Victor laughed and nodded. “Yeah, I wonder if I need to pay her for me to, you know” He smirked.

I clenched my jaw and walked up to Victor, grabbed him by the collar of his shirt and slammed his back into the wall.

He looked back at me with wide eyes, and tried to take me off of him. “Listen, she’s not a whore. Don’t even compare her” I spat.

He looked confused but then realization crossed his face.

I spoke again, “I heard you’re talking about her like that again and I will personally beat you”.

The other guy had run away a long time ago, so Victor just nodded and looked as if he was going to cry.

Before I knew it, a single tear left his eye.

I laughed while letting go of him. “Seems like the only tough thing on you is your tongue”.

I got in my car and drove off. Anger rising in me once again, just by remembering what Victor said.

Crying bastard.

I remembered I had to go and meet Steve at his office.

I got there ten minutes later and parked right in front of his window. When I walked into his office he was talking on the phone with someone.

I frowned but didn’t comment. Instead, I just sat down and waited for him to finish.

Minutes later he put down the phone and stared at me.

“What?” I asked.

“Nothing, I’m waiting for you to tell me what you are doing here” He said.

I raised an eyebrow. “You told me to meet you here today”.

“OH!” He said. “Sorry about that, just got a little distracted”.

“What’s wrong?” I asked.

“It’s nothing” He said shrugging me off.

“You know you can tell me, right?” I asked.

He nodded and looked down to his desk. “My girlfriend is in the hospital, she…lost the baby”.

I froze. “What?” I asked. “How?”.

Yeah. In the past month, Steve met the girl of his dreams. They got together and she was pregnant. It was all planned actually. They wanted that baby.

“I don’t know why, but someone kicked her in the stomach when she was heading back home from the grocery store”.

My eyes widened. Poor girl. Who would do that?. And to her?.

“Tom” I whispered.

Steve looked at me with watery eyes. “What?”.

“It was Tom” I said. “He knows you’re the one working on his case. Everything at school today was a trap”.

“What?”.

“To reveal who was looking for them”.

“Ryan, what are you talking about?”

“I knew something was wrong”.

“Ryan!” Steve yelled.

Finally I looked at him. “What?”.

“What were you just talking about?” He asked.

“I need to talk to your girlfriend” I said getting up from my seat.

He didn’t move.

“Did you hear what I said?” I asked.

I needed him to tell me what hospital she was in.

“She’s unconscious” He whispered.

I froze again.

Clenching my jaw I stared at him. Anger building up inside me.

“I will find them” Steve said.

I nodded. “We will, you can count on that”.

I walked out without another word and headed to the mall. I needed to buy some shoes.

I walked in and locked my car behind me. It took me about an hour to pay for the shoes. There was a big line. They weren’t on sale, so I don’t know what this is all about.

By the time I got out it was almost five. I sighed.

I need to find out where they have Steve’s girlfriend. I should go to the nearest hospital.

What was her name again?.

I was about ten feet from my car when I decided to unlock it, only to be surprised by an explosion.

I felt a stabbing pain on my back right after I hit the floor.

I heard the screaming of some other people but a small crowd was forming around me. I tried to get up but there was the pain again.

I groaned and some old man came over to me and helped me up.

“Son! You have a piece of glass on your back, you’re bleeding badly” He said.

I tried to reach it but groaned instead. I could feel it in the lower part of my back.

“Can you take it out for me?” I asked.

Then felt something running on the side of my face. I raised my hand and touched my forehead. I was bleeding there too.

The guy shook his head, but took out his phone instead and I heard him calling an ambulance.

There was only one thing on my mind.

Tom.

Of course he would try to kill me. Anger got the best of me and I reached back as I could and pulled the piece of glass out.

It was triangular shaped but it was kind of big.

I groaned while I pulled it out.

That hurts like a bitch!.

I felt the blood running down my back and I had to sit down. It hurt too much.

I could hear sirens coming closer but I felt like I was bleeding to death.

The last thing I felt, was someone stabbing me on the same spot once and then run away.

***********************

VFC!!! (: