6: Dissapointment

*In the astronomy tower, it is now midnight and Hermione starts to walk away from Draco.*

Why Draco? After all these years... he called me names and- Someone must've put Draco up to do it... Harry and Ginny were right...

Draco: Hermione, wait! Please don't go!

"I can't believe it! They were right! How could I have been so stupid?!"

Draco: Hermione! Please let me explain!

"What is there to explain, Malfoy?! All you've done this whole time is mess with me!"

*Hermione starts to walk away faster but Draco grabs her hand in time and pulls her towards him. Now there's inches left between them.*

Draco: Hermione, you have to know that I meant every word that I have written to you in those letters- and every word online. Everything! No one put me up to it, it was all me! The REAL me, that is. I hate myself for all the horrible things that I've said and done to you... I only said and done those things just for you to talk to me! Please, Hermione, with all your heart... forgive me!

*Hermione frees herself from Draco's grip and rolls her sleeve up to show Draco the word 'Mudblood' written on her arm.*

"Remember this?! Do you see this, Malfoy?! This is a constant reminder of what people like you really think of me! You can't change the past..."

*Hermione tries to leave again.*

I can't believe he had the guts to-

*Suddenly Draco pulls Hermione in and kisses her. She closes her eyes and returns a kiss, but then realised what she was doing and pulls away.*

Draco: Hermione, I-

"Don't say anything."

*Draco finally lets her walk away.*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Hermione finds Harry and Ron waiting for her in the Gryffindor common room.*

Harry: Well, it's about time you got back! I was starting to worry!

"Harry! I told you I'd be fine!"

Harry: I know, I know...

Ron: Soo?... Aren't you going to tell us who your 'secret admirer' is or not?

"Oh! Um... There was no one there... I waited but he never came, so I left..."

Ron: He must've 'chickened out' at the last second! See? What did I tell you, Harry? The school is full of nutters! Ain't that right, Hermione?

*Ron snaps his fingers at Hermione.*

Ron: Hermione? Hermione!

"Ah! What?"

Ron: Oh, thank god! Thought we lost you for a second!

*They all laugh.*

"Oh shut up, Ronald!"

*pause.*

Harry: Are you disappointed?

"No... Not really... I'll just arrange another meeting with him.."

Harry: Will you please take someone with you next time?

"I'll think about it... Well, I'd better get to bed now. Night Harry! Night Ron!"

Harry: Good night, Hermione!

Ron: Night!

*Hermione goes up to her dormitory, collapse onto her bed and dreams all night*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hello?" I said. "Is anybody in here?". "Hermione?" said a voice. I'd know that voice anywhere! It was- "Malfoy?!"

***

"Remember this?! Do you see this, Malfoy?! This is a constant reminder of what people like you really think of me! You can't change the past..."

***

I started to walk away from him. I don't want anything to do with him!.. Or do I? No! I can't believe he had the guts to- WHAT?! WHY IS HE KIssing me...

***

"HERMIONE!!!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"AAAAHHHHHHHH!!!"

*A pillow hits Hermione on the face.*

Ginny: Cut it out, will you?! Some of us are trying to sleep!

*Hermione lays back down and tries to fall back to sleep.*

Why can't I get him out of my head?? It was just one kiss!! That's all!... My very first kiss...

Of course! It all makes sense now! This explains why he picked up my books for me when I walked into him that day... And I bet he wanted me to watch him break up with Parkinson!

But he was so sweet in his letters... Oh my gosh! Am I falling for Draco Malfoy?

***

Author's Note:

If you didn't get that part after she goes to bed, basically she had a nightmare! Sorry I'm bad at this. :)

- QR x