Chapter Seven: Son of the Stars

Mother Ship Admirabilis, Dark Side of the Moon

Master Sigmund ordered the Round Table Conference to discuss the next plan of action. Recapturing the S-Class Brynhildr had been a far more difficult endeavor than he expected it to be. If only that damn Seishirou didn't keep getting in the way, he would have had her by now. And now Kuina had defected and taken the Yggdrasil with her...this was turning out to be a very frustrating situation. Sigmund was never one to act rashly, but if things got any worse, he'd have to take matters into his own hands. As the humans say, if you want something done right, do it yourself.

The white-haired Kamui rested his elbows against the steel desk and tented his fingers, raising his eyes at his compatriots. "Fenris, Kriemhild...I expected better from you. I sent the two of you out specifically so you could capture the Class S Brynhildr, and yet, you have returned empty-handed. Would you mind explaining yourselves?"

Fenris, who was normally as violent and fiery as could be, now looked disheveled, even frightened, to a degree. "That girl...she's no ordinary Brynhildr. Her power is on par with a Kamui's...and not just any Kamui, either. She's just like Seishirou."

Kriemhild nodded. "He's right. She was able to summon gale-force winds and high-speed vectors powerful enough to tear a Kamui to pieces. We would have been killed had we not retreated. With all due respect, Master Sigmund, I believe we're making a mistake. I've never seen a Brynhildr that strong before. With that level of power...she could do more than exterminate the human race. If we implant the Yggdrasil in her and awaken her fully...she may well destroy the entire planet."

"You dare insult me?" Sigmund growled. "I don't care to hear your excuses. I am confident that we will be able to keep the Brynhildr under control. If we are going to establish our new world and rebuild our race...this is the only way."

A sharp, lilty voice cut through the silence. "Oh, is that so? I believe I should be able to handle it." A tall, inhumanly pale Kamui emerged from the darkness, wearing wispy black hair and a flowing ebony yukata, distinctly different from the Kamui's usual plain cloaks. His eyes shone a deep, dark brown, and his withered, bony fingers were tipped by long black nails. "I would love to have the honor of toying with the Brynhildr. Unlike the rest of you fools, I've learned to capture my prey without beating them senseless. I've been using a little something called my brain. After all, the Overlord of the Battle Royale needs to have a sharp mind, no?"

Sigmund snarled. "Overlord Loki. Where have you been? You've ignored three royal orders. You'd better have a good explanation for this." Despite his effeminate appearance, Loki was bold and brash. "What is there to explain? I ignored them simply because I didn't want to come. I have much better things to do in my time. Turns out humans have something called video games, and they've served as great research for me to design the next Battle Royale. I simply can't get enough of them."

Kriemhild scowled. "What is with that ridiculous outfit?" He looked offended. "Ridiculous?! How dare you call this uniform of mine ridiculous!? This is the dress of warriors from a distant country in Earth's Far East! Their culture is absolutely bleeding with warrior's honor! I believe I may have ejected one too many humans from that area..."

Sigmund slammed his fist on the table, causing the steel to clatter loudly. "ENOUGH!" he bellowed. The entire room fell silent. Sigmund cleared his throat. "I have had it up to here with your incompetence. I will not tolerate any more of this. Overlord Loki, I am putting you in charge of recapturing the Class S Brynhildr. Use whatever methods you have to. Obliterate anyone or anything in your path. Leave no witnesses. If you cannot reclaim her, I will begin the invasion...regardless of whether we have her or not."