Chapter Three

. .   privacy  . .

|[ Your View ]|

A few days have passed and I was forced to take a break off of work due to my injuries. Turns out my injury was much more serious than a sprained ankle, apparently, I had managed to fracture my fibula.

Since I didn't break my bone at work, I couldn't get worker's compensation, which also means I won't get paid on my leave.

"Daichi-san, what am I going to do? I can barely manage to pay rent with a job! What am I going to do this month..."

"Well, you could accept my offer to pay your rent--"

"No," I bluntly said turning my head towards Daichi-san.

"Even if you are my best friend, I can't just accept your money, you've helped me so much and it would feel as if I was taking advantage of you," I sighed.

"You're too good-hearted for your own good, (N/n)," Daichi-san said with a sad smile.

"But please consider it, I will always have open arms," he said putting away dishes he recently finished.

"Fine," I mumbled taking a sip of my coffee, looking out the window from the bar.

Ring Ring

The familiar sound calmed me down; he was right.

Daichi-san always is. I've always refused help from others, not wanting to bother them with my own problems. When they probably have much bigger ones than me.

Daichi-san knew I should just take up the offer but it's just how my mind works now, I feel like my problems are so insignificant compared to everyone else's.

"Hello, how's your ankle?"

I turn around to see Todoroki, I forgot that he's been coming to the coffee shop, ever since the accident to come check up on me?

"H-hey Todoroki, I've been doing fine..." I trailed off staring down at my cup of coffee.

"Liar. She's having trouble with her bills." Daichi-san coldly said.

"Wow, privacy much?" I laughed out taking a sip.

"(L/n), why are you trying to keep your problems a secret?" Todoroki asked.

"It's just how her mind works, I've come to terms with that but that doesn't mean I stopped trying to help her. She just always refused help from others,"

"Or ya'know, maybe privacy?" I said sarcastically to Daichi-san.

"Whatever," he said going to serve Todoroki his ice coffee.

It was silent for a few seconds but it wasn't the usual awkward silence between two unfamiliar people. It was actually quite nice, comforting you might say.

"Do you want help?" Todoroki asked turning to look at me.

"Well, I do but I can't ask anyone. I'm a young adult I should be able to take care of myself," I sighed out, looking down at my drink.

"You can ask anyone, especially the ones who are offering to help you," He eyes soften.

"I know but they have already helped me so much, I can't ask any more of them."

"What about me? I've really only done one thing for you," He questioned.

"I can't, cause I know if I start to rely on people too much,"

"Isn't that a good thing? To know your not alon-"

"No, no it isn't. Not for me at least," I sighed out.

I looked at the time and noticed it was already too late for me. The shop should be closing soon anyway.

"Well, it was nice seeing you again! You two have a good night," I waved to them as I started to gather my things and exited.  Taking a look back I saw Todoroki looking at me.

On my walk, my heart kept skipping beats every time I thought of him. His voice was calming and spoke with intelligence. He knew how to carry himself. He was everything I was not. 

I let out a sigh as I looked up at my apartment complex. Nothing special but not bad either, it was in a decide area and I had nice neighbors. I took the elevator up to the 5th floor and hopped over to my little apartment.

Glancing at the time, it was 5:47 pm. I decided to skip dinner and just go straight to my school work. It wasn't that bad since I had already finished most of it at school, leaving little to nothing to do when I got home. It was 6:02 when I started to get ready for bed.

Showering, changing, etc.

Nothing special in my routine. 

With everything done I thought I should just go lay down. 

"Nothing special..." I said before drifting off to sleep.

___

That morning I woke up in a cold sweat with red and white flower petals scattered about my bed with a sore throat.

===

[ Word Count : 990 ]

Daichi-san's Quirk: Change of Pace

-His quirk can alter time for a short amount of time.

-For as long as he can hold his breath time will slow down [Almost to a frozen state] making the area around him slow down while he can move about normally.

-Has a 5ft radius, so only people/objects within a 5ft radius of him will slow down.

-Can hold his breath for about 1 minute/30 sec. so he has to act fast.

-He doesn't want to become a hero but takes a hero course to learn fighting skills and how to protect others. (Mostly wants to protect the ones he cares for the most)

-If quirk is used too much he'll faint, or if quirk is overused, Daichi's lungs will collapse.

A/N: Sorry for not updating this book, I kinda lost the motivation for this book but with the new season coming out I'm hyped up again! And now that school is over I have a lot of free time to do other things :) Thank you all for your support and if you have any suggestion about scenes that you would like to see in the book just leave a comment below <3