Chapter 24: Team Tenshi

I jumped out of the water and grabbed a towel, quickly wrapping it around myself.

"Hey! Stop!" I heard her high-pitched voice yell at me. I tried to keep the Executioner's Blade from scraping the ground, but ended up dropping it.

With a curse I turned around and grabbed the hilt.

As I was about to pull it up a foot was placed on the end. I looked up and saw Luna.

"What do you want? To throw rocks at me?" I yanked and pulled the sword out from under her.

"No. I... I just..."

"Spit it out." I leaned on my blade and awaited her answer.

She gulped and heat rushed up her face. "I wanted to apologize!" She let out the breath she had been holding and looked up at me.

Without a second glance I turned around and began to walk out of the hot springs.

"So much for a break," I mumbled.

"Wait! Here me out, please." I didn't turn when I answered.

"I plan to. It's rude to just leave someone in the middle of a conversation, but I think we should both get some clothes on before we speak."

I could feel the heat rush to her face as I walked into the changing room and reached for my clothes. "I was on break, so this apology better be pretty damn good."

I hated fighting when it was unnecessary, so as much as I hated it I wasn't going to fight against her. A few words can't hurt, right?

I tied my cloak around my neck and put my Executioner's Blade on my back. With a whirl I looked over to where Luna was. She was dressed and turned to look at me.

"Mikazuki is here too." She said. Her eyes looked at everything but my own and she continuously twiddled her thumbs. "I-I'll tell him to come out of our room, so we can talk... Or something." She scurried off and I thought about how easy she just made it for me to run away.

I could simply walk out the door, Exectutioner's Blade on my back and get back to living my simple ninja life in the Leaf. But I doubt they would give up looking for me. I'm wearing my Leaf headband and Zabuza-Sensei's Mist headband. It shouldn't be that hard to find me. Looks like I'm staying and dealing with the awkward silence that's sure to come.

I sigh and look up when I hear a gasp. Mikazuki stands with Luna shivering behind him.

"She wasn't lying, it really is you." My mind went back to that night and everything that had happened afterwards. Mikazuki became an overprotective brother to me after I tried to... End it all. I didn't exactly appreciate it, but now I'm happy he gave me the chance to throw away my life for something more.

"Y-You're alive?" he asks with wide eyes. He seems to be shaking a little too.

"No, I'm a ghost." I answer, moving closer to him. He attempts to take a step back, but Luna's presence prevents him from doing so.

"Are we going to talk or what? I'm starving." I looked at my stomach for emphasis, which seemed to wake both of them from their trances.

"Alright. I saw a place down town where we could get some sushi." Mikazuki eyed me wearily, but turned around and led the way.

---------------------------------------------------

I looked down at my bowl of salad and mixed it up. I felt both of their eyes boring into me and to say the least it was bothering me.

"What? Still skeptical that I'm real?"

They seemed surprised that I spoke up. I was very shy back then, usually hiding behind Tenshi and such. Zabuza told the Hoshikage I was dead. I didn't expect them to be so open to talking with me though. They weren't exactly nice to me. Mikazuki was alright.