Chapter One: New Girl In Town

Mom decided it would be just amazing to move from our nice, cozy, isolated house in the woods, to a town filled with people... She said I need a, and I quote, "Social Life". I'm 17, I'm not a child anymore, dammit.

"(y/n), we are here sweetie." It was a two story house... Why we need two stories is beyond me. Nice, old looking, maybe some history behind it. "Well? What do you think??" Mom asks. I smile softly at her, knowing she is doing this for me.

I am what people call... Diferent, weird, unique, maybe even a little crazy. The cold doesn't really bother me much, I can deal with it for long amounts of time.

My dog, Pucca, decided to jump in on a snowball fight that some kids were having. I hear them laugh, and them asking her, where her owner was, like she'd answer. It was kinda cute actually. She comes to me and nudges my leg, as if saying "Fuck this! Go have fun!!" I sigh and shake my head, and help mom take boxes out of our looks-to-old-to-function car. I like to call it Scrap. Mom says I have a fairly creative imagination, I do draw out everything I can. When I get an idea, it goes on paper almost immediately.

Mom sends me outside, for some unknown reason. Probably to make friends. I take a seat on Scraps hood. and start reading The Fault in Our Stars. Never read it, I advise you do. Its a great story.

I get hit by a snowball, I look up from my book and see the kids looking at me with shock. "Uhmm... Hi?" What was I supposed to say 'Kid don't throw snowballs in my direction or I'll rip off your fucking arms'? No.

"S-sorry I didn't mean to hit you." The kid was cute. Probably around 10, brown hair, big brown eyes full of wonder and insecurities.

"It's alright, you didn't mean it." This whole conversating thing is new to me... Am I doing it right? I mean, I think I am... The kid smiles, revealing he is missing a tooth. "I'm Jamie. Are you new here? Did you just move here? What's your name?" Before more questions can spill out of his mouth, I cover it with one hand. "One question at a time... Yes, yes, and (y/n)." He beams a big goofy smile at me. Only making me smile back. "Do you wanna play with us?" "I'd love too... But, sadly I have to unpack." He looks like he is about to cry, and its my fault... DAMMIT!!!!

"Tell you what." He looks up at me, with his big glassy eyes. "We can play tomorrow, at noon.... Just have fun without me today. 'Kay, kiddo??" He beams, his eyes gleaming with satisfaction. "Really?!?!" I giggle at his anticipation. "Yeah." He runs to his friends, and I hear them yell, "THE PRINCESS WILL PLAY WITH US TOMORROW!!!!"

Did that actually just happen? I walk inside, pretending I didn't hear that. "I saw you talking to that kid." My mom says from the soon-to-be kitchen. "Huh? Oh, yeah. He wants me to play with him tomorrow." I look outside, and see a boy with white hair, a bird like lady, a golden man, a jolly guy, and a gaint rabbit(?) talking to Jamie. Then Jamie points to me, and waves, I smile and wave back. "I think he has a wittle crush on you." "And I think you're deranged and need to go to a nursing home." Mom throws a box at me, filled with... Something. I dodge and laugh, and go to my new room and start to unpack... Maybe, living here won't be so bad.