Chapter 5.

Eventually, after a very awkward journey, we arrived at an extremely tall and modern building. It was mostly glass, showing the exquisite reception area with exotic plants and black leather couches for people waiting. I gawped at the posh building. A middle aged woman sat behind a sleek desk and she gave Zach a welcoming smile as he strode in. I followed closely behind, struggling to keep up in the newly bought heels. They hurt my feet a little but I didn't want to complain since they had cost so much for him to buy - there was no other option but to suffer in silence.

"Good evening, Mr Caldwell." she greeted and he gave her a curt nod. She looked over at me gave me a small smile. "So you're the new personal assistant!"

I nodded sheepishly and Zach sighed, looking at his watch quickly before speaking.

"Melinda, can you show Miss Whitlock around the building? I have a meeting I need to go to." he asked, but it was more of an order.

"Certainly, sir." she nodded, giving me a bright smile before gesturing me to follow her, "Come on dear! I don't want you getting lost!"

I followed the small plump woman as she lead the way down a corridor. The heels were starting to really hurt my feet but I shrugged it off and let her explain what everything was. She pointed to her right as she beamed at me.

"That's one of our recording studios - most of the rooms down this corridor are used for production purposes." she explained and I nodded before we turned a corner and she pressed the button for the elevator.

We stepped inside and she gave me a warm smile, "What did you say your name was, dear?" she asked.

"Lou." I answered politely, "Well, Louise, but I prefer Lou."

"Well, Lou, it's nice to have a new face! I mean, Noah always brightens up the office but he spends most of his time in the production studios now so we don't see him as often." she told me honestly before knitting her brows together.

"But I have to admit, I'm quite curious as to why Zach has given you the job of his personal assistant."

I looked at her, a little confused. "Why?"

"Oh! It's nothing to do with you dear! It's just that he's never had one, that's all. I'm just wondering why he suddenly wanted a personal assistant now. He's a very reserved character with quite a temper, anyone who knows him like Noah and I would rather jump in a pool of electric eels than be his personal assistant!" she chortled.

The colour drained from my face. Was he really that bad?

She seemed to read the expression on my face of pure dread.

"Don't worry! I'm sure you'll do fine honey." she gave me an encouraging smile, nudging my arm softly.

The elevator came to a halt and we stepped into an equally as sleek corridor. Melinda led me down the hall way and showed me the offices on the first floor. She showed me around and after half an hour we went back up in the elevator before stepping out onto the second floor.

"This is the second floor, where most of our staff work. The conference room is over there, Mr Caldwell's office is that way and I'll be right at that desk if you have any questions." she pointed to various different places before finishing with her desk.

"Okay, thanks." I smiled then frowned, "But what do I do now?"

"Well, Zach always likes coffee after his meetings which should end in about..." she trailed off as she checked her watch, "Five minutes. He likes it strong, but not black with only one sugar got that honey?"

I gave her a nod, "Strong but not black with one sugar, got it."

"Thank god, it's nice to have someone who I don't have to repeat everything twice to." she laughed, "The kitchen is there for the coffee so I'm sure you'll be able to handle it from there? If not, you know where I am." she gave me a broad smile before heading over to her desk.