chapter two - seven minutes in heaven

If Veronica Lodge was talented at anything at all, it would most definitely be how to dress up. Especially for a party. Veronica stands in front of her two outfits she had lay down on the  bed. A dark purple dress, which was backless, skin tight and made her ass look amazing, or a low, v-cut black dress which shows an excessive amount of cleavage and clung to her skin. She bit her lip and stared at the two dresses for a good ten minutes before finally choosing the black dress, finishing it off with a pair of strappy, 6-inch Saint Laurent heels and grabbing a white faux coat.

"Mama, i'm heading out to a party in ... Thornhill. I'll get Anders to take me." She calls out as her mum nods before she stood up abruptly. "Thornhill? Who on earth do you know from there? Veronica, that side of town is where Clifford Blossom lives. He used to work for your father, he is bad news. The whole family." Hermione hisses at her, gripping Veronica's arms. Veronica frowns. "What? Cheryl is harmless. Mum, I will be fine. If anything happens i'll call you, I have you on speed dial." She says soothingly, in attempt to calm her mother down. Things were more difficult now, it was just Veronica and her mother, and it didn't make it any easier with her father's enemies threatening them.

Hermione purses her lips, she knew she wouldn't be able to convince Veronica from not attending the party, she was too stubborn. "Mija, you have to promise you will call. No matter what. Text me when you're coming home." She finally sighs, making Veronica smile softly and hug her. "I will, I promise." She says before heading downstairs to Anders.

----

Jughead, Toni, SweetPea and Fangs were sitting on the lounge of Cheryl Blossom's extravagant red couch, drinking their beer and talking amongst themselves, as the party was in full swing, there was people everywhere, bodies grinding against each other with the loud bass of the music pounding against all the walls. Jughead grimaced. He had always hated parties, socialising and getting wasted. Toni was giggling like a maniac as she was talking to a girl from one of their classes, Jughead and SweetPea watched, amused as Toni flipped her hair back and laughed louder. Oh she was definitely drunk, and into this girl.

Suddenly there was a flash of pink and Betty was standing in front of him, looking like an angel. Her blonde hair was curled to perfection, her lips painted a glossy pink and she was wearing a pastel pink babydoll dress with a pair of nude heels. A literal angel in pink. Betty flashed him a huge grin in triumph when she saw him checking her out head to toe. She had finally caught his attention. She does a slow twirl, the bottom of her dress flaring out with her spin.

"Well? What do you think?" She asks with a laugh. 

Jughead grinned and was about to compliment her, before it was like a magnet pulled him to look up as Veronica Lodge floated through the big doors, clutching her coat in one arm, her dark raven hair flying back gracefully as a smile graced her lips as she was greeted by people. Jughead's eyes drank her in, the dress she was wearing was... spectacular. It moulded her tanned body like a second skin, pushing up against her cleavage and the curve of her spine to her ass was simply stunning. She looked like a goddess. 

"-uh, Jug? Hello?" Betty's voice snapped him out of his trance, and he looked back at Betty's annoyed face before it quickly morphed into a smile. Jughead blinked, before remembering she had asked him a question. "Oh, right. Betty, you look beautiful." He says softly, causing a wide grin to fall onto her lips. She blushed, "Oh, you think so? Thanks Juggy, you're so sweet." She cooed, before reaching to pinch his cheeks.

----

Veronica was having the time of her life, as she finished her 6th - or was it 8th? drink in her hand. She had lost count of how many she had, she was too busy staring at Archie who was dancing with Betty, and watched as Jughead's eyes were on Betty for most of the night. It was as if he didn't realise Veronica was at the party. Veronica grabbed another cup before she had a drunken master plan in her head.