[43] House of Evidence

*Unedited* 

-------------------------------------------------------

There was a screeching noise from all around them before the door behind Nina opened causing a gasp from them all. Before any of them could say anything, Nina turned and ran through the door.

"Stop Running off Nina!" Camilla screamed at her Chosen One, moving to follow after her, however, the door was already shutting.

"Nina!" Fabian screamed as the door shut.

There was a petrifying scream from the other side.

"NINA!" the twins both screamed in unison.

"FABIAN! CAMILLA!" Nina screamed from the other side of the door.

"Nina what is it?!" Fabian screamed back.

"I think there is something in here!" came the muffled screams of Nina.

Fabian glanced to Camilla then to the rest of the Sibuna's. "W-what's the plan?" Alfie asked trying not to move too much because of the webs. "we need a plan! Tell me one of you has a plan?!"

"We haven't finished the task," Camilla turned to Fabian who had the spider on his back. "we need to put the spider in her home too..."

"HELP!"

Fabian's eye's widened as he realised what Camilla meant. He turned to look at the hole in the wall where the spider imprint was. Taking the metal spider from his back and slowly placing each of the legs into holes within it. With each leg the machinal sound from before echoed around them, causing the Sibuna's to realise they must be doing something right.

As Fabian worked Alfie climbed back over to Amber and Patricia, Amber grabbing his hands instantly in worry as they watched Camilla climb her way to the door Nina was trapped behind. Picking up some wood from the ground as she did.

Fabian turned to his sister as there was one leg left. Camilla nodded at him, "Bora-Berto," she muttered to the wood in her hand, before blowing on it so the burning she had created on the wood turned into flames in her hands. She was ready for anything in the next room.

Fabian put the last spider leg in and turned around.

For a second nothing seemed to happy. "Oh come on..." Amber whispered in fear.

"Don't do this!" Fabian screamed bagging on the spider. All of a sudden the webs started to move impossibly fast into the walls. Where there was once a challenge there was now an empty room. Fabian rushed over to his sister as the door with the web on it slid open slowly, from the sounds behind her Alfie, Amber and Patricia were also rushing over.

As the door opened, Camilla rushed into the darkroom. Grabbing Nina and pulling her behind her and (hopefully) into Fabian's arms as she lifted her burning branch aloft to see the room. There was no beast or anything in the room, causing Camilla's shoulders to drop in relief, letting the burning branch to drop to the ground to burn itself out.

"I am not afraid to avadra kedrvra you if you don't stop wandering off!" Camilla told Nina as she stepped back into the light of the web room task, pointing her finger at Nina who was in Fabian's arms. Camilla ran her hand through her hair, "There is a reason I go through the doors first! It's to make sure everyone else walks back out of them!" the worry and distress of possibly almost losing Nina was clearly heard in her voice. Camilla's mind going a million miles a minute as she imagined the worst-case scenario with not only Nina but with any of the Sibuna's. Camilla refused to lose any of them.

Camilla felt herself being pulled into a hug and looked up to see herself in an Amfie sandwich as her two friends instantly recognised Camilla's overthinking spiral. The girl had taken the idea of her being a protector to heart and they both knew she didn't think of herself as simply Nina's protector but as their protector also. So unknown to Camilla Alfie and Amber (and Fabian when he wasn't focused on Nina) had taken it upon themselves to be her protector in return. Yes, they couldn't throw fireballs or anything, but Camilla didn't need that kind of protection. Camilla needed emotional protection, a support team who always had her back - and they could do that for the protector.