Mission Impossible

Without thinking twice i jump into his arms and kiss him.

He seems surprised at first but wraps his arms around me, all of my fear and guilt is washing away with each second. He pushes me against the wall and kisses me again. I put my hands in his hair he hands never pulling away from my waist and we continue this until he pulls away. I seem confused then he wipes away a tear from my cheek.

"What happened?" He asks. 

"I- It- I didn't-" I could find the right words. How do you tell your..whatever we are now, that your brother got killed because of me, trying to find something that you told me not to find and now there's a secret room with dead bodies and that's where Logan is.

"Here i'll get you some water and something to eat, then well talk. In the mean time you should take a shower, your clothes are.....Not as clean as they should be." His way of telling my clothes are filthy.

I get in the shower, i feel better now more relaxed, letting the hot water pour over me. Calming my nerves. I know I've been here a while but i know that when i get out the relaxed feeling i have now will be gone and replaced with tenseness and guilt when i tell Derek everything.

I finally get out, i look at the clock its 8 PM I've been in the shower for an hour. I can hear Derek's foot tapping on the floor. I put my clothes on, a Black short sleeve top and black shorts. Plus sneakers. I have a plan, but i need Derek to help but i don't think he will.

I walk into the room and everything feels like its in slow motion, i can hear my heart beating and my pulse is racing, my palms are sweaty, I'm shaking and my legs feel wobbly.

"Here i got you a turkey sandwich,i didn't know what else to get, my luck your a vegetarian" He laughs trying to make some of the awkward tension go away but it only makes it worse. I try to laugh but it sounds more a like a sob than a laugh.

"Thanks,and I'm not a vegetarian." I grab the sandwich and start to devour it i have it gone less than a minute.

"Wow, have you ate anything today?" He asks while i take a big chug out of my water.

"I didn't have time..... ok" I sit on the bed. "You have to promise me you wont get mad at me for telling you this and know that am i so..so sorry, i didn't mean for it to happen and its all my fault!" I start to cry again.

"Hey its ok, just tell me, how bad can it be?" He asks

He has no idea.

I tell him everything, and he just stares at me wide eyed, not saying a word.

"Please say something!!" I grab his shoulders and shake him.

What if he's in shock, and doesn't recover, their no emotion on his face which is killing me. Then he speaks. Finally.

 "I don't blame you, for any of it." He says slowly

"Look i can- wait what?" That is the last thing i thought he would say.

"Its not your fault, Julian beat him! And killed him, the fact that he died trying to save you makes him a hero, and that's all a brother could ask for, for his flesh and blood to be remember as someone good and brave not a jerk which he was 99.9% of the time."

I just blink, making sure this isn't a hallucination.

"I also have a plan." I Hall out the 2 keys. "I want to go into the room and see what Julian is hiding."

 "What do you need me to do?" He asks with anger and rage in his voice.

"Well, mostly for a look out, we need to get into Julian's office he trashed it when i escaped he was mad about his keys being switched."

"Ok well most people should be in their rooms now so we should go now."

"Alright, let me hide this book, so know-one will know I took it."  I hide it under my bed, i know its a Cliché hiding spot but it will do for now.

We walk out of the room and into the elevator on to the 13th floor, the unlucky number, I can feel the irony of that. We walk into Julian office and it is a mess except for the book shelf, just like i left it. I pull on a number of books and finally finds the one that opens the door. But before i go in i check the security cameras. Thank goodness still unplugged.

 I waltz right in but Derek is taking his good sweet time, like were on a mission here!! god!

"Slow down, your gonna hurt yourself!" I roll my eyes. He looks confused then realizes I'm being sarcastic.

"Funny, but this place looks sketchy!" He jumps when i turn the light switch on

"Baby!" I laugh at him and he gives me a cold glare.

We keep walking until we get to the medieval door, i try the first key but it wont work so i try the second and it works. I pull open the door with the help of Derek, but that was a heavy door like 1,000 pounds.

Julian was right, There is just piles of dead bodies at-least 30-40, blood everywhere.

"Oh my god!!." I use the sleeve of my shirt to cover my nose from the smell.

"That's all the people in the others group.I recognize a few of them." Derek says covering his own mouth and nose.

"Let me get this straight, so if your in the others group, or piss Julian off you die and end up in here?" I ask and turn to Derek

"Basically yeah." He says looking down at the ground.

"Great." That's my future. Being dead in a chamber, where know-one will find me.

"I don't see Logan's...you know." I don't have the courage actually say that he's dead."

"Probably in the back somewhere." He answers, with tears in his eyes.

I feel so bad for him, his brother is dead, because of me.

When i start to walk away i notice something shiny. I slowly walk toward it like in a horror movie  the girl moves slow reaches her hand out and something jumps out at her and kills her. I'm kind of waiting for that but i grab the shiny thing, nothing comes out...yet and its a pure silver mini safe. Not as heavy as you would think, the door weighed more.

"I use the other key and it opens. Its ring. Its a black stone wrapped in a silver band.

"Anillo de la muerte" I hear Derek mutter.

"English please?" I ask him

"The ring of death." He repeats. It sounded less terrifying in whatever language that was.

I tell Derek to pull out his phone a take picture so we can figure out why Julian has this,I put it back in the safe, lock it and lock the door. We walk into Julian's office, and i throw the keys on a pile of papers then we walk onto the elevator. We walk onto the 1st floor to get some-more food when hear a high pitched scream.

We run toward the sound and find Logan alive.

With a Bomb strapped to his chest.

He looks at me and Derek. I look at his eyes, he knows he's going to die and before me and Derek can talk him out of it....

He pushes the button and everything is just a big ball of orange and yellow fire. With red being splattered everywhere.