The mistake her mother made

Delilah's POV
I heard my mother shouting. She shouted, "I can't stand how her sister died, and you didn't tell me! I could have helped!" I was the only one who knew, I never told him, so I heard him shout back, "Delilah never told me! How am I supposed to know if no one told me?" My mother shouted back, "You better not think I think she never told you. She had to have told somebody!" "WELL THAT SOMEBODY WASN'T ME!" My mother and father both have short tempers, so my mother shouted back, "IT MUST HAVE BEEN YOU, I KNEW YOU WERE ONE OF HER BEST FRIENDS!" My mums fuse must've broken, because I heard her shout, "A DIVORCE IS WHAT YOU WANT? THAN ASK FOR IT!" She threw divorce papers down on the table and signed them. He signed them also. They handed them to the divorce people, and I asked mum the next day, when my dad moved away, "mum, why did you divorce with him?"

She replied, "Because I was angry, and I get angry easily so I divorced. I never wanted to, it just burst out of me, honey. I am so sorry,"

I said, "Mum, I always knew you would trust me with this. I won't try to upset you again, but I didn't tell anyone, because I knew I could help her, and if I didn't help her, she would have died years less than four years old, like the second year of her life. So I knew she would live longer, but not forever. Not even till she was five!"

She replied, "I am so sorry, I thought you told him and because I was angry I ignored him and thought you told him."

I hugged her and made us breakfast. Boiled eggs on toast. She never had it before, but I had, so it made her forget about dad. I would still cry myself to sleep like every other day.