The Bionic 500

Did you ever have a neighbor that was so noisy and annoying and you just wanted to shoot them? Well, we did. This neighbor wasn't like any other ones. No. This dude would race his car up and down the street every night. It was so irritating, and when I didn't get enough sleep, I would be moody.

I trudged my tired body out of bed and made my way downstairs since I would be getting no sleep until the stupid neighbor stopped racing his car.

I walked into the living room and wasn't surprised at all to see that Adam, Bree, Chase, and Leo were already there. I made my way over to Chase and rested my head on his shoulder. He wrapped his arm around me and pulled me closer.

Bree opened the door, causing the noise to increase. "Ugh, this new neighbor has got to go."

"Why does he keep racing his car up and down the street every night?" Chase asked.

"Oh! I know this one." Adam said. "To get to the other side."

"Try again." I yawned.

Our neighbor revved his engine, causing me to groan. Chase just kissed the top of my head. "He clearly doesn't have respect for my beauty sleep. It takes at least eight hours to look this good; ten if you want the Leo glow."

"No one wants the Leo glow." I mumbled, my eyes getting heavy.

Davenport came downstairs wearing his silk pajamas. He even had an eye mask on his forehead. "I cannot believe I have to wake up to this."

"I can't believe I have to wake up to that." Leo said, gesturing to Davenport's pajamas.

"This is Italian silk." Davenport explained. "A cheetah wishes he looked this good."

"A cheetah would have the decency to cover that up with a robe." Bree quipped.

The car revved up again and Davenport went outside, obviously having enough of this crap. We followed him, stopping right outside the door. "Hey, Pierce! Get your car off my lawn!" Davenport took out a remote from his pocket. "Let's see how he likes my pressure sprinkler system."

Davenport walked further outside while the rest of us stayed inside. "Okay, set to Monsoon." Pierce's car got stuck in mud. "Ha! He got stuck in the mud."

As soon as those words escaped his mouth, Davenport got attacked by a wave of mud. It was pretty gross and funny, but I was too tired to laugh.

"Not anymore." Leo said before shutting the door to the house.

Xxx

Bastard. That was the word I used to describe Pierce. I was exhausted as Bree, Chase, and I walked to school. I didn't know where Adam and Leo were, but I was too tired to care. Pierce continued to drive his stupid car all night, which resulted in me getting no sleep. So I was moody, and I had a massive headache.

When we arrived at school, I saw Leo waiting on line for locker reassignments. He was actually the first one.

"Leo, how did you get first in line for locker reassignments?" Chase asked.

"Oh, since I couldn't get any sleep, I've been here since dawn. FYI, you do not want to see the lunch ladies without makeup."

"Wait, they wear makeup?" Bree asked.

Leo nodded just as Adam walked up to us. "But since I'm first in line, I'll finally get the corner locker."

"Wait a second. I thought this line was for lice check?" Adam said before walking away.

Leo started talking about his perfect locker. I found that a bit weird. "There she is: locker 106. Away from the traffic, near the cheerleaders, and I can see Principal Perry before anyone else. And a two-second head start can save a life."