where we started

════════════════════

W H E R E W E S T A R T E D

════════════════════

Q U O T E

I want you
I'll colour me blue
Anything it takes to make you stay
Only seeing myself
When I'm looking up at you.

-Troye Sivan, Blue

════════════════════

S Y N O P S I S

Oliver Steinfeld didn't expect colliding paths with his mystifying Chemistry seatmate, Ivanna Duffine, on that cold Yuletide season. What he didn't expect even more is to accidentally run her over by his car on the bustling streets of their neighborhood - not to mention that in just a few hours, it's already Christmas Eve and his mom is waiting in vain for him to run some errands.

When Oliver couldn't imagine how much more mishaps can he possibly get on the merriest day of the year, he's more surprised to see Ivanna's numerous purple bruises covering her entire body - definitely not the loads you would get after knocking yourself into a slight accident.

After that one eventful night, Oliver would always let Ivanna in whenever she turns up at his door unannounced, bearing even more bruises with every passing days. He knew very well Ivanna has secrets she didn't want anyone to know - even to him.

Always driving the seventeen-year old Oliver to the brink, Ivanna made it clear to him that she doesn't need anyone, not even a friend and definitely not a lover in her life - not when he intend to be all of those.

Truth be told, Ivanna seemed to be uninterested, but he would definitely change her mind about that. Because deep down, Oliver knew he wants Ivanna around - not just for this Christmas, not just for the upcoming New Year's Eve, but for each and every forthcoming holidays.

════════════════════

C A S T

Freddie Stroma as Oliver Steinfeld

Kaya Scodelario as Ivanna Duffine

════════════════════

A B O U T

This is a story about one mishap over long nights of December, with two misfits, both recovering from their own broken hearts, with their infinite hurt accompanying them, these two teenagers are only trying to figure out who they want to be in the future, and where the next great adventure would possibly be.

════════════════════

A D D R E S S

This goes to you, to every lost boy or girl, who fell in love with the most unexpected person at the most unexpected time.

════════════════════

P L A Y L I S T

Cornerstone - Arctic Monkeys
Next Year - Two Door Cinema Club
True Love Waits - Radiohead
Love To A Monster - Okkervil River
Something About December - Christina Perri
When We Were Young - Adele
Stay With Me - Sam Smith
Drive - Oh Wonder
Heaven - Troye Sivan
Lost Boy - Troye Sivan
Blue - Troye Sivan
Let Her Go - Passenger
Close As Strangers - 5 Seconds of Summer
Sense - Tom Odell
Make The Moments Last - Tom Odell
Lost It All - Jill Andrews
Falling For You - The 1975
Unsteady - X Ambassadors
What Are You Listening To? - Chris Stapleton
The Hardest Part - Nina Nesbitt
Robbers - The 1975
The One - Kodaline
High Hopes - Kodaline
Kiss Me Slowly - Parachute
Always - Panama
Without You - Lana del Rey

Playlist: Early AM, Late PM
(to be posted on 8tracks)

════════════════════

N O T E

I started this book as The Infinity of December Memories, but I thought that Where We Started would be perfect as the story progresses. You guys will see. I've been teasing this story for a year now I think, and the first chapter has been long forgotten on my draft.

After picking up where I left off, plus with the help of the songs I posted on the playlist, I'm now confident that I'll be able to start the most awaited story of Oliver and Ivanna. They've been screaming out on my mind nowadays. I can't help myself not to do anything about it.

This won't be an easy read. As all of you knows, I don't do easy heart-stopping reads. I do heart-wrenching - that's my thing. Prepare some tissues, sweethearts.

════════════════════

W A R N I N G

Loads of profanity
Mental illness
Self-harm
Different kinds of abuse
Alcohol, cigarettes and drug dependence

════════════════════

S T A T U S

Start: May 2016
End: To be announced

════════════════════