41| Awkward

Thank you all for 11k, I'll will never be able to reach 11k without you guys!❤️_______________________________

_______________________________

"Crap is right." I said, starting to pace back and forth.  "We're stuck in a bathroom because we were stupid enough to think that this was the best place for us to kiss without getting caught and now we can't leave because it'll be suspicious and Colin will murder you and-"

"Not helping Brook." Alex said as he put a finger against my lips to silence me. I pushed his finger away and continued pacing. "I mean, we need to announce it sooner or later. Why shouldn't we just get it over with it?"

"Because my family is super protective and over dramatic about me with a guy!" I whisper yelled. I wanted to die right now, just to get out of the embarrassment. But I don't think stabbing myself with a toothbrush will do much.

"I'm going to open this door." He said, reaching for the doorknob. "And we're going to tell them." I quickly pushed myself in the way of the door, causing a loud thud to sound. I cringed at the noise, but held my ground.

"No, we have to have a different option! I don't want you to die on Christmas Eve, especially not at the hands of my own family." I spoke a tad too loudly, but that doesn't matter. What matters is getting him to figure something else out.

"Oh my god, you're being so over the top." He said, reaching for the handle again. Panicking, I grabbed the collar of his shirt and pulled him with me as I jumped away from the door. Pain shot through my ankle. I tripped from the pain, bringing him down with me.

The door opened. I froze in the position we were in: his hands on either side of my waist, my hands on his chest, our faces only centimeters apart, both of our hearts seeming to forget how to work. We were caught in the most awkward, inexcusable position ever.

Dear God, we're so dead, was all I could think.

"Brook, is everything ok-" Aiden looked at me and started to snicker. I blushed furiously, but felt paralyzed. I was a deer in headlights.

Finally seeming to snap out of his state of shock, I rolled off of Alex and stood up, quickly recomposing myself. He stumbled to his feet and dusted himself off.

"Say nothing about this, Aiden." I whispered, venom lacing my words. He stood in the doorway to finish laughing, while I walked back out to the living room. Alex trailed behind me with a small smile on his lips.

"Brook! Alex! We thought you two were trying to kill each other." Claire said with a discreet wink in my direction. I adverted my gaze to settle on my foot and stared at it like it was the most fascinating thing in the world. "We're playing Truth or Dare. Wanna join?"

"Sure." We both answered in unison. I coughed quietly, feeling awkward as hell.

"Girl, you're in trouble now." Both of my voice reminded me.

💛🖤💛

"Claire, I'm not doing that. It's insane." I said while Alex waggled an eyebrow at me. Aiden had rejoined our group, occasionally giving me knowing glances. I shrugged them off each time. Colin glared at Alex, and if looks could kill, he would be dead in less than a second. John and dad both were trying to suppress a laugh. And failing.

"But you have to! You picked dare!" She chirped with a tint of mischief in her voice. She held the mistletoe above my head. She had dared me to kiss Alex underneath the mistletoe. I'm never going to live this down, but Alex won't live long enough to regret it. I don't know which is worse.

"Puck up." Alex said with a wink as he cupped my face in his hands and kissed me. Despite my earlier claims of not wanting to do this dare, I kissed him back quickly. All I could think of, though, was how much trouble both of us were going to—

"Okay, the snog show is over." Colin said irritatedly with a roll of hi eyes. Claire squealed and clapped excitedly as she took her seat again. My face couldn't be any hotter without literally setting it on fire.

"Colin..." John said to continue the game. "Truth or Dare?"

"Truth." Colin growled. Alex seemed unfazed by Colin's clear disagreement with our PDA, but that's nothing new.

"If you had to kill one person in this room and go to jail for it, who would it be?" John asked.

Abort mission! Abort mission! Colin is about to scare the crap out of Alex so bad that he's never going to talk to me again!

"Probably Aiden."

"Hey!" Aiden yelled. I sat still, silently praising any and every god out there for this small blessing.

"Brooklyn, Truth or Dare?" Colin asked me. Me again?!

"Truth." I said learning from my mistake.

"How long have you and Alex been dating?"

"W-What?" I must have misheard him, right? RIGHT?! Yes, right. I misheard him. There's no way he could know. Nobody but Claire and Nate that knows.

"How long. Have you and Alex. Been dating?" He asked again, slowing his words down for me. 

Brooklyn's cells has stopped working.