EIGHTEEN

Thank you for reading! The next chapter will be longer, don't worry.

I pass the slip to Wil who unfolds it and reads out loud, "Laser tag!"

A grin spreads across my face. I know what laser tag is because Jade went with her boyfriends once. They had so much fun there.

Kota sets the bucket on the counter and Gabriel exclaims, "Sang! We need to get you ready! Everybody needs to wear black!"

Gabriel gently pushes on my back, guiding me upstairs into my room. I take a seat on the edge of the bed as Gabriel starts pawing through the closet, throwing clothes around at random.

"Umm, Gabriel?" I ask.

Gabriel pauses and I hear his voice call, "Yeah, Trouble?"

I giggle at the nickname and reply, "Why are you making a mess of my closet, Meanie? Who's going to clean that up?"

"Oh, I'll just have one of my brothers clean it up," Gabriel says, waving it off.

I giggle again and ask, "Why do you guys call each other brothers?"

"Well, we pretty much are," Gabriel responds, still digging through my closet. "We're brothers in everything except blood. We live together and work together and know each other far more than the typical brothers know each other."

I nod slowly, thinking it over. It makes sense and fits their relationships as far as I can see.

"Here, put this on," Gabriel instructs softly.

Taking the bundle of clothes, I head to the bathroom and quickly pull on the pants and shirt. The shirt is long sleeved and thin so I won't get hot. The pants are comfortably fitted jeans. They are molded to my skin without being stiff or restricting my movements in any way.

I open the door to the bathroom and sit back down on the bed. Warm hands gently take my feet and slide a sock on.

"Uh, Meanie?"

He pauses. "Yeah, Trouble?"

"You do realize I know how to put on my own socks and shoes? I mean, I do put them on the wrong feet on occasion..."

Gabriel's booming laugh appears once again, drawing a light giggle out of me.

"Just let me help you, okay?" He murmurs, tying my shoe.

I blush and nod, biting my lip. Gabriel finishes with my shoes and helps me stand.

"One last thing," Gabriel declares.

He slides a beanie on my head and slips all of my hair into it.

"Ready to go show everyone who's boss?" Gabriel whispers, leaning close.

I beam.

"I'm super excited for laser tag!" I squeal, bouncing in place slightly.

"Let's go then!" Gabriel exclaims, tapping my nose.

Giggling, I burst out of the bedroom and hurry downstairs.

"Sang Baby is not wearing that!" North yells.

My smile drops and I tilt my head.

"You don't like the way I look?"

"NO! I do, I do! It's ju—"

"Great!" I call, cutting him off. "Then I can wear it! To the laser tag!"

I hook my arm through Kevin who is standing the closest to the door and politely ask, "Can you lead the way?"

"Of course, Dove," Kevin murmurs, opening the door.

We head out the door together and the others follow behind us as we pile into the vans.

"I don't want to smell you all," I call lazily. "So someone tell me who is in the van."

They all laugh, giving me a sense of who is in the van and then Kota takes pity on me and tells me, "In this van, there is Silas, Marc, Raven, Kevin, You, Corey, Nathan and I."

I nod and reply, "Thanks, Kota. Sorry to bother you about it."

"Don't apologize, Kitten," Raven orders in Russian. "If you ever need help, you come to us, okay?"

"Okay, Raven," I sigh. "Are you sure I'm not annoying you guys too much?"

"Never! You could never annoy us!"

"In that case..." I say with a mischievous grin. "Ninety-nine bottles of milk on the wall! Ninety-nine bottles of milk on the wall! Take one down and pass it around! Ninety-eight bottles of milk on the wall!"

"Why is Sang singing in Russian?" Marc asks casually.

"Just don't ask questions," Warns Kota.

"Sang, that wasn't quite what I meant," Raven says.

"You don't like my singing?!" I gasp, placing a hand over my heart.

Inwardly, I am grinning like a madwoman, enjoying this. Outwardly, I am horrified and offended.

"No! I love it!" Raven exclaims. "It just wasn't what I meant..."

"I know, Raven," I laugh. "I was teasing you."

Raven didn't respond, but I could feel him staring at me. Awkwardly, I shift in my seat.

"Okay, you're done speaking with Raven," Marc declares. "Especially in Russian."

I shrug. "How much longer until we get there?"

"Less than five minutes," Nathan calls from the driver's seat.

Squirming in my seat, I can barely contain my bursting excitement.

"I'm going to destroy you all!" I cheer gleefully as I climb out of the van.

I grab Corey's arm and order, "Take me inside!"

Corey chuckles and we hurry inside. We stop at the door and Corey opens the door for me.

"Ready?" He asks lowly.

"Ready," I confirm with an evil grin.

"Alright," Owen calls. "Everything is paid for. Follow me and we'll get our vests and guns."

My grin widens as I pull Corey along, following the sound of Owen's voice. We enter a different room that is much cooler and Corey slips a vest over my head and helps me tighten the straps on the sides. The guns dangle from a cord that is attached to the vests. They have to bring out even larger vests for Silas, Raven, and Nathan, but we are eventually all ready.

I grip my gun and giggle with uncontainable excitement.

"Better stop those giggles or we'll know how to find you," Sean warns me. "If you want, I have the giggle cure that I can give you."

"A giggle cure?" I repeat, giggling harder.

"Now, here are your blindfolds," Owen calls sharply.

"Blindfolds?" Victor echoes.

"Yes. Since Miss Sorenson cannot see, I saw it only fitting to level the playing field," Owen explains.

My grin somehow widens even further as Corey ties a blindfold around my head. I've missed having a sash tied around my eyes. It makes me feel safe and secure and now I know that I will win.

"Let's go inside!" Owen calls. "We will be playing everyone against each other and then we'll play a round with teams. Got it?"

A chorus of agreements sound and we all pour inside.

I grip my gun and focus.

I am ready to win.