afterword ( q+a and thank you's)

Thank you so much for reading Lethal Lust! I hope you enjoyed the story and it offered something unique to the wonderful world of Wattpad!

Now onto some Q+As – I spent the past few days going through all the comments and seeing where the most confusion was or where there were questions about certain things and I picked 4 that I thought were interesting or that had generated some confusion. If you have any more questions, feel free to write them below and I'll respond to your questions when I can x

Did Elijah really love Kylie?

So, this one is without a doubt the most asked question ever, and the one that has the most confusion surrounding it. So, I left this really open to the readers' own interpretation, but the story is called Lethal Lust. And as such, both Elijah and Kylie's feelings towards one another (for the most part) were lust. However, towards the end of the book, it's clear that their feelings towards each other are growing especially once we know they liked each other as teenagers so I would say what they had, did have the potential to become love.

**I would like to point out that I, in no way think infidelity is okay despite what some readers may think. I've been accused by some of justifying Elijah and Kylie's relationship and that was by no means my intention, what they did was wrong, whatever Jess may have become at the end, Elijah and Kylie's affair was still so wrong, there's no debating that. I, however, think that the topic of infidelity is quite multifactorial in a sense and in my opinion, it gave me the chance to explore many different thoughts/ideas and explore different characters. That was why I chose the topic of infidelity, NOT because I think it's okay.**

Why did Jess change/Is Jess Evil?

If you read to the end of the book, you'll know that Jess didn't really change, she was always that way but she did gradually become worse. I don't know if I'd say Jess was evil, although she did commit an evil act at the end of the book. As Kylie was envious of Jess for the life she lived as a teen, Jess was envious of Kylie for other reasons (the fact that she could get any guy, perhaps) and so she "stole" Elijah from Kylie or so she thought.

Her mother manipulated her through a lot of the book as well as Elijah and in the end, we saw a reversal almost – Jess manipulated everyone into believing she didn't kill Elijah and then at the end, we see her manipulate Raffaello into proposing and staying with her. A lot of Jess's actions boil down to her upbringing, to be honest.

What happened to Pattie at the end of the book?

So, I added this as I wasn't able to mention her much in the epilogue (it would've become too long, otherwise). But Pattie ended up alone, without her husband and most likely without Cody as well as Jess.

If Jess told Elijah she wanted to remain celibate, how did she get pregnant?

So, I have answered this a few times but I realised that a lot of people were confused about this and thought that Jess meant that they would completely remain celibate and so have never had sex before marriage but NO this was not the case. They did have sex before marriage and this was explained in chapter 5 which is why Elijah was so thrown off by the decision as Jess wasn't religious and they had had sex before. Jess would've already been a one/two months pregnant by the time she announced it at the party.

I'd also like to give some special thank you's (sorry for the lack of proper tags, Wattpad messed up again.)

@Kaiaja – You've been SO SO SO supportive throughout this story! Thank you for your constant thoughtful comments and for being one of the readers who always seemed to understand exactly what I was trying to convey, readers like you absolutely amazing and honestly, quite hard to come by so thank you so much!

@avakins – You've taught me quite a bit and always had some very intriguing viewpoints. Thank you for being such an observant reader and being so open to sharing your thoughts!

@leshae051304 – You're such a lovely person, your constant kind words have really kept me going and encouraged me to keep on writing so thank you so much!

@reverielles – I'm honoured to have such an amazing writer like you read my work and your comments are some of my favourites to read because you're super observant and you've always been really supportive and kind to me so thank you!

@lishbaaxo – Thank you so much for your positivity and for understanding every single character so well and always (over)analysing them lmao. But honestly, I'm so happy you're so passionate about the story, it makes me feel over the moon so thank you!

I'm thankful to every single person who ever read this story, even if you were a silent reader, I still absolutely love you.

Lastly, I'd like to ask if there's anything you felt could've been improved, this is a first draft and my first ever completed story so it's not perfect. But if there's anything you felt could've been done better or wasn't completely convincing, please do let me know. Some improvements that have been suggested so far have been more flashbacks, more of Jess's POV, and better descriptions for the recurring characters.

AND, who did ya'll envision playing as Kylie, Elijah and Jess in your head? I'd love to know xo

If there is anything else, please do let me know and I will add it when I go back to edit.

So, I hope some of you will stick around for my new story which will be coming out in the coming weeks and will be a mystery/thriller/romance! But for now...

Thank you and goodbye,

Kit x