Chapter 2

We currently see Ben in his room late at night, ever since he gave Kyouko his number the two have been texting late at night. Ben had to admit that the Dullahan was really nice to talk with, plus she had some interesting stories to share. "Really? I'm surprised you didn't have any lasting damage" he said texting her. "Yeah but it wasn't all that bad, at least the train came back" she replied.

Ben then yawned, "mind if we bring this up tomorrow? I need to get to bed" he asked, "sure, we can talk more after my interview Mr. Takahashi" Machi said. "Maybe I can come with you" he added, "Ben, it's about time to sleep now" Sakie called out, "got it cousin" he replied before turning his phone off, then went to bed.

She was about to leave when she saw his cell turn on. She then secretly grabbed his phone and read the reply, Kyouko had said that she wouldn't mind if he went with her. Then had sent a winky face emoji making Sakie blush, Machi then said "sorry!! I sent that by accident!" Sakie looked to see if her younger cousin was asleep. After seeing him snoring away she discretely deleted the message from his phone, then put it back next to him. "I wasn't supposed to see that" she squeaked before running to her room and shutting the door.

The next day, we now see both of them in the biology prep room, "thanks again Mr. Takahashi, I'm really grateful for your help the other day" Machi said. "Oh uh it's no problem" he replied bewildered by her Flame, "I take it that your feeling much better?" He asked. "Yup, the nurse said it was just a cold, I'm better now" she replied, "are you okay sir?" Ben asked, "Yeah it's just... I'm still trying to wrap my head around this" he replied. Which confused then both, "the Flame that's coming from your neck... can people touch it?" Mr. Takahashi asked "Yeah" the Dullahan replied. "Like is it safe?" Ben asked, "sure, you want to give it a try?"

The alien teen gently put his hand in the flame, "wow... it's feels real odd, like I'm grabbing air, the fire doesn't even hurt" he commented. Then noticed she looked stressed "YIKES WHATS WRONG?!?!" He yelped jumping back. "Are you okay?!" The biology teacher exclaimed seeing it, "when you touch the flame it puts a lot of pressure on my nerves so it's really uncomfortable for me" she answered.

"Sorry!" Ben apologized, "you should've definitely told us that... also Ben why did you accompany Miss Machi?" Takahashi asked him, "oh well we have the same class so I though I'd walk her there after the interview. Plus I thought it'd be interesting to learn more about Dullahans" he answered. "I don't mind" she spoke up, "well... okay. So is your body like a separate entity?" Takahashi asked. "Nope, it's mine to control, see" Machi then demonstrated by moving it around with her head in her arms. "That's mighty impressive" Ben commented wondering what it would be like to actually have a form with a head separate from his body. "But about yesterday, when Hikari was holding your head and Ben and me carried you in his bandage stretcher. Was it safe to separate your head and body when you collapsed?" Mr. Takahashi asked, "Yeah, actually once they've been as far as Tokyo and Okayama" she had said.

"No way!" The bio teacher exclaimed amazed, "oh yeah, you were telling me about that" Ben added, "how did that happen?". "You see my grandparents live in Okayama and I normally visit them once a year. Only one time we took too long saying goodbye and the train left with my body still on it" Kyouko had explained. "Man that's some crazy stuff, being a Dullahan must come with a lot of obstacles" Mr. Takahashi said, "yeah that's true, but my family gets through them with trial and error" Kyouko explained, "like let's look at eating. A harness makes things a lot easier, or when I'm taking a bath I'll safely hang my head on a sling that's off to the side" she added.

"Huh, how clever of you" the teacher stated, "hah, at least you never transformed in your sleep, one time my parents said I accidentally froze my room over while I was in my Big Chill form" Ben said. And that's not a lie, he really did transform in his sleep recently, "that sounds funny" she giggled. "But yeah like I said it's a lot do trial and error, but I can do most things on my own. Interacting with others is what I really struggle with" Machi admitted, "what do you mean?" Mr. Takahashi asked.