Chapter 12

"You excited?" I asked Gray as he sat with his head in Claire's lap with his legs resting over mine as Zach and I sat back-to-back.

"Yeah, I really miss them" Gray answered as he looked up at me then to Claire.

"What are you going to do? I mean, you can't go back to the island when everything there wants to kill you" Zach deadpanned making me laugh before I trailed off with a distant look.

"To be honest...I don't know" I admitted before chuckling to lighten the mood. "But I'm positive that it will all work out just fine" I smiled making the pair of males share it before Claire began freaking out.

"Oh my god, its your parents. It's your parents" She spoke resulting in the two males getting to their feet and looking towards the approaching humans that looked very much alike to Gray and Zach.

Claire and I stood out of the way as Gray and Zach embraced their parents, their parents checking them over and making sure they were uninjured.

To be honest, I was very envious of their relationship. Being a bio-engineered hatchling has its perks and its downfalls. Never having parents is one of them.

I noticed as their Mum looked up at Claire before she let go of Gray and walked over to Clair and embraced her as I stepped away to allow them space.

When her and Claire seperated, she walked over to Zach who had just let go of his Dad.

"You guys have to meet Moon" I heard Zach exclaim distracting me from watching Claire and Owen leave the building together.

"Yeah! Him, Owen and Aunt Claire all stopped the Indominus-Rex!" Gray whispered-shouted to not cause panic as they both guided their parents to me as I stood awkwardly watchign them walk over.

"Who name's their kid 'Moon'?" Their Dad muttered in confusion as he was guided over making me laugh quietly.

"Hello, Moon was it?" Their Mum asked me as I ceased my laughter.

"Yeah, it is. A pleassure to meet you" I returned with a small nod making her chuckle as Gray and Zach sweat dropped.

"Well, I'm Karen, Zach and Gray's Mum and this Scott, their Dad and my husband" She introduced, Scott offering his hand. I looked at it for a second before it clicked and I shook it with my own.

Scott and Karen both offered me thankful smiles before they began thanking me profusiously for bringing their sons back to them safely.

"So Moon, are your parents going to be here soon? I'd love to tell them about what a gentleman they've raised" Karen asked me makign me smile sadly at her before humming.

"They abandoned him when he was a child!" Gray exclaiemd before he could stop hismelf bringing his parents attention onto him and Zach as they both paled.

"They did?" Scott questioned, looking to me with a sympathetic look.

"Uh, Yeah...I guess you could put it that way" I answered, my good hand rubbing the back of my neck nervously.

"You thinking what I'm thinking?" Karen asked her husband, turning to him with a determined look. He made a thinking expression as he ran the possibilities through his head before he sighed, turning to Gray and Zach who had moved either side of me.

"I think it could work" He agreed, us three younger males all lookign at them confused.

"What's happening?" Zach questioned before Scott palced a hand on his wife's shoudler.

"So, Moon...What do you think if we took you in?" Scott asked me makign my bottom jaw drop in surprise.

"What?" Zach questioned as his confused expression turned into one of excitement.

"Are you being serious?" Gray asked on my othe side, his hand gripping my good hand as he practically jumped up and down.

"What do I think? Thats...Thats amazing!" I breathed in Excitement as well before I remember the Gray and Zach explaining to Claire and I that they were worried about their parent's divorcing, which apparently meant that they might separate.

"But it's a big ask and I'm not exactly small..." I trailed off with a smirk, Gray laughing into my side as Zach too held his mouth with his hand to stop his laughter.

"I'm sure we'll make it work" Scott returned with a confident tone.

"So, what do you say?"

-Time Skip-

"Congrats, buddy!" Owen exclaimed, patting my uninjured shoudler with a large smile after hearing that I was going home with Zach and Gray.

"Thanks" I muttered with a distant smile. 

"What's running through your head?" He asked me, both of us looking over the ocean towards the Island we ahd all escaped from.

"I dont know" I replied with a weary sigh. "I just can't help but feel that this isn't the end" I told him watching him in the corner of my purple eye as he hummed.

"I can promise you now, I am never stepping another foot on that island" He stated making me laugh before we both sighed.

"Come on, Moon!" Karen's voice called makign Owen and I turn around to see her, Scott, Zach and Gray all standing a few metres behind us.

"See you around?" I asked Owen, looking back to him with a toothy grin.

Owen rolled his eyes before pulling me in for a quick embrace, patting my back as he let me go.

"You can bet your missing talon you will" He grinned abck before he pushed me away.

"Thanks for keeping us alive, Owen!" Gray yelled abck to the male before we all got into the vehicle parked and waiting for us.

"By the way, Dad, if you ever need the engine looked at..." Zach started before he looked at me with a smirk as I paled. 

"I know just the man"