how to write a superhero novel.

❝I fight for those who cannot fight for themselves

* * *

THE ALLEY WAS murky with the low-lying evening fog, which obscured the blemishes on the road but highlighted the ones on the brick walls. Unknown to all but the extremely powerful or well connected, one of the many rusted side doors that permeated the alley's corridor did not lead to a street-side shop, but to a small bookstore that specialized in the arcane. Within its shelves were secrets of untold power, and one inconspicuous book entitled "How to write a superhero novel". It's contents have been transcribed here for safekeeping, a contingency for if it ever ends up in the wrong hands.

So you want to write a superhero novel? It's not as easy as you might think. Well, it is, but the difference between another marvel knock-off and a truly unique world is within these pages. Unique. It's a word that is thrown around a lot. Many will argue that there is nothing truly unique anymore. They are correct, in a sense. Everything, consciously or subconsciously, is pulled from something else. All we are is a collection of experiences and extrapolations of those experiences. The trick is taking the well-trodden and laying down new cobblestones, perhaps in a unique direction.

You might be wondering by this point, what is there to writing a superhero novel? Here are a series of question that if you don't yet have an answer to, by the end of this book you will at the very least be prepared to tackle them.

stay super x