Big Decision // Chapter 35

Dinner was somewhat awkward. I was sitting next to Teo and Judy. Teo was sitting next to Brandon.

I really wanted to sit next to Teo and Brandon but my mom 'insisted' that I should sit next to Mrs. Judy.

For dinner, my mom made taco's, which was a bad choice because I was a very messy eater. I was trying to get Brandon to like me, not think I'm some pig. Teo already knew that I was a very messy eater so it didn't bother me with him sitting there. He's known me for like ever so he knew almost everything about me.

Almost.

"So," Judy started up a conversation, "what school do you and Teo go to, Maddie?" "The local one, Grant High," I said and nodded my head. "No way! That's where Brandon is going!" she said and pointed at Brandon.

I looked over at him to see him smiling and I showed him a smile back. I moved my gaze over to Teo who had an annoyed look on his face and was stabbing at him food.

"Be nice, ok?" I whispered in his ear. "Yea. Ok sure," he said in an annoyed tone. "Teo can I talk to you-" He cut me of by grabbing my arm and dragging me a long.

He lead my to the bathroom and then closed the door behind us. Last time this happened, Teo and I started dating...

I doubted this was going to go like that this time.

"Teo what is up with you tonight?" I asked him, crossing my arms. "He's been hitting on you all night! I-I I just don't want him to hurt you," he said, looking at me straight in the eye. "So why does that bother you? Maybe I have a crush on him!" I said louder than I should have. Teo seemed to be taken back. "Wh-what? You LIKE him?" he said, yelling at the 'like' part. "Maybe I do or maybe I don't," I said to him, taking one step closer to him. He followed my lead and stepped closer to me. "So your saying that you just meet the guy today and happen to have a crush on him?" I nodded, "Yea. I mean he's pretty attractive and he started crying when he was telling the story about him and his girlfriend!" "Oh you believed that! He was faking that so you would come over by him," he said and then threw his head back. "Unbelieveable!" he yelled. "I can't believe you sometimes! He moves here from Florida and suddenly, he gets to be the one you fall in love with!"

I had no idea what to say to him...

"Maddie. I'm sorry for yelling. I'm just-I don't trust him," he said, looking down at the ground. "You don't know him, Teo," I said, in a firm tone. "Neither do you!" he snapped at me.

I was taken back. He was right. I didn't know Brandon.

"So as long as I can't hate him, you can't like him," Teo said before opening the door and leaving.

I walked back to the dinner table and everyone was finished. "I'll do the dished tonight, Maddie. You kids go do something like go get icecream or something," my mom said in an innocent tone. "Mom, were 15. We don't get icecream anymore," I said and laughed. "But that sounds good right now. Lets go," I said before grabbing the money out of her hand and running out the door.

Brandon was running, too. But Teo was still walking. Teo had pointed out something that really made me think.

I know Brandon enough to know that I like him. And that means Teo knows him well enough to hate him.

"Hey Teo," I said as he caught up to me. "You're right. We know Brandon basically the same amount. So you can hate him because I do have a crush on him," I said, looking straight at the ground. "Great. Just great," Teo said and threw his hands up. "Teo what's been up with you? You've been acting really weird today," I said and put a confused look on my face. "Its nothing. Just really nothing," Teo said before walking ahead of me.

I didn't understand what was the matter. I was honestly lost.

When we ordered our icecream, we decide we would stay a little bit and just sit down at one of the tables. We talked about a lot of random things. It was kinda nice. Teo was quiet the whole time. He just say there eating his ice cream, not saying a single word.

On the way back to my house, Teo walked way behind Brandon and I.

"Does Teo usually act like this?" he asked. "Nope. I don't know what's his problem today," I said, looking over my shoulder to see Teo on his phone.

"Do you think its because of me?" he asked, in a sad tone.

I knew the answer and the answer was yes. It was because of Brandon. I didn't know why he hated Brandon so much but he did.

"I don't know," I lied. "He was acting kinda strange this morning too. So who knows," I said, smiling. I tried to brighten the mood but Brandon just looked at the ground, nodding slightly. "Its ok. Don't worry about it," I said to him. I playfully hit him and he chuckled. "Will you just ask him for me? Please?" he said, staring into my soul. I nodded, "Yea yea of course." He smiled. "Thank you so much, Maddie," he said.

The rest of the walk was just about school and how it was and the teachers and all that. Turns out he had some classes with me which meant he had classes with Teo...

Yikes.

When we reached my house, Judy and Jim had gone home. So Brandon gave me a hug goodbye and left, leaving just Teo and I.

"He seems to like you," Teo said, not looking up at me. "Really?" I asked and looked at him. "Yea. Lucky guy..," he said, whispering the last part. I smiled but pretended that I didn't hear it.

We sat in silence for about 5 minutes but it seemed a lot longer than 5 minutes.

"I should probably, a, go," he said, standing up. "Teo wait," I said, standing up next to him. "Please tell me what's bothering you," I pleaded, looking straight in his eyes. He looked at me before sighing heavily. "Its-its just. I like you, ok? Yea obviously just jealous that you like him and not me. I'm being selfish, I know. But I like you. So that's why I hate him," he said and looked at the ground. "Oh..." I said, processing everything in my brain.

How stupid could I not be to put the pieces together?

"Well I should go I guess," Teo said. "Yea," I said and chuckled, "but text me later, ok?" I asked with a smile. He nodded his head before walking out.

I had a lot of thinking to do.

I walked up to my room and got ready for bed, even though it was only 9.

I replayed the convo with Teo about a half hour ago: him telling me that he think Brandon likes me and him himself telling me that he likes him.

Honestly, I liked both of them. They both had their good qualities and they both honestly were very attractive.

But I had to choose 1.

And after a little bit of thinking, I knew who it was going to be.

It was going to be....

A/N: Hey guys! So I need ur help.

I'm done with this book so should I start the 2nd book or just leave the ending as a mystery?

Let me know pleasseeeeeeee!!

But big cliffhanger... sorry😁

Buuuut go read my other fanfic called Cali!😊👌

Stay perfect

Maddie🙊