Introduction

Firstly I would like to thank you all in advance for clicking on my story and reading it...I hope it's up to your standards and that you will all like it. This is my first attempt to write a story publicly as I always kept them to my self haha but I have decided to share this with all of you. 

As a warning this story will have mild swearing, mature content and some gut-wrenching twists ;) I hope that it's your cup of tea. 

(Not edited!)

Song: Royals - Lorde

Introduction

It took me a while to realize I wasn't a magical mermaid, after my dad had repeatedly tried to convince me that the water wasn't a flesh eating monster and that I could swim by telling me that I could grow a red tail and that I could breath underwater. I stopped believing I was an underwater princess when I was 12 years old. At that age, all my friends were already twirling around for the boys in class and talking about what they were going to wear for the next 'teenage group' meeting that we had every Saturday. 

Growing up with only my dad, life wasn't as smooth as any girl who was raised with a female figure by their side. I always kept to myself, imagining I was a mermaid princess or knight who slayed dragons in the brink of dawn. A girl who didn't care what other people taught about her and a girl who drove her father insane everyday.

I didn't sit down and watch those cliche chick-flicks...I didn't even cry while watching the titanic ( presumably because I was spent imagining dragons throughout the whole movie while the whole female population in the theatre bawled their eyes out with tears.) I mean come on, was it even that sad? 

But anyways back to the group meetings. Papi figured that I was a lonely, un-sociable depressed teenager, so he sent me once a week, every Saturday, to a place called "Overcoming Puberty" which consisted of having small chit chats and drinking tea and worst of all, talking about emotions. Of course there would be an occasional hormonal boy who asked the same question, "When are we going to make babies?" and of course all the girls would giggle and blush while all the dudes high-fived him.

And then there was me, with dark chocolate locks tied up in a high pony tail on the top of my head, chewing on what was expired gum covered in an over-sized sweater and black skinny jeans. I just glared at the Gandhi Picture on top of the group leader's white head.

Mrs.Baldwin...literally. Cause when I say bald, I mean no hair looks like a witch. She was creepy and she scared the shit out of me, she had beady shark eyes and a toothless grin...my god even trying to get a picture of her in my mind runs shivers down my spine. 

"Ms.Dixxxxxon I believe you-are-FIVE-MINUTES-LATE" her voice was so horrifyingly annoying that it could make babies cry. I used to always have to cover my face from the disgusting spit that was thrown in my face every time she spoke. Germs, hello?!

She was 70 years old, yet she drove around in her old mini like a guy who was seriously high, honking her horn and giving out the finger to every person who passed her in the road. Unfortunately I had to ride back home with her after the sessions because my dad couldn't pick me up...and oh the horror! she drove like a mad man and my life flashed before my eyes every time. 

She wore the same old 'uniform' every week, maroon cotton pants (leggings) and a black rolling stone T-shirt with her spiked combat boots. Anyone would mistaken her for an aged hell angel's biker only you wouldn't even notice she was a woman. 

To make make it all worse not only I was socially awkward and weird, but I had the most stupidest name in the world. 

"Paz! can you come down for a sec please."