⚓ time : out ⚓

a/n: precaution: this is only a short story consisting of 2 pages. i dedicate this to (@only flaw) Adrian. she's beyond fantabulous. i adore her very much.

. .

0888 days

01 hour

46 minutes

11 seconds

As I was staring at the timer attached on my wrist since birth, I couldn’t help but feel infuriated.

Whoever scientist invented this crap may go die and rot in hell.

Every person in this world has a timer of their own. Timer that tells them how many days, hours, minutes and up to the last second are left for them to meet their destined partner or “soul mate”, as stupid people want to call it.

I may be the only creature in this place who didn’t want to meet their own partner.

You want to know why?

Well, I was just pathetically in love with someone who wasn't and never will be my soul mate.

And funnily enough, she knew it. We both knew it. Because we were in a relationship many people still don’t agree upon. And I was afraid it was just about to go down right in this moment.

“Look.”

I shoved my wrist in front of her face, refraining myself from shouting.

“I have eight-hundred and eighty-eight days left. I don’t care who that unlucky girl that happens to have the same days as me, is.”

I paused.

“I want you,” I said through clenched teeth.

I stared at her with a serious face, almost angrily.

But I wasn't angry with her. I was angry at the people who thought of the “why-not-staple-a-timer-on-everyone’s-wrist-so-that-their-lives-can-become-more-sick” idea.

It was like I was going to have a mental breakdown just talking like this to her.

She looked down, avoiding my eyes.

“I’m sorry,” she said.

Her shoulders started shaking.

“This isn’t right.”

She sobbed, her voice almost inaudible.

“We have someone waiting for us, and we are messing everything up by doing this.”

She was fiddling with her hands, a sign of anxiety.

“I don’t even know why we started this in the first place,” she muttered to herself and I swear, a punch in the face was better than those words.

“We both know this isn’t…” she inhaled. “-I don’t know. I can’t afford hurting someone who waited for a very long time just to meet me. And then...” she paused “…see I am in an unacceptable relationship with someone else who isn’t him.”

I felt my eye twitching, jaw clenching and unclenching. My hands were in a fist. I was so angry and taken aback and I didn’t know what the hell to say.

My mind was firing obscenities. Perhaps, my mouth seemed to have a separate mind because it just started throwing virtual punches.

“You can’t afford hurting someone who waited for a very long time just to meet you?!” I asked her coldly, my voice rising.