ch1

Published 11/28/18

My name is 626, and I'm a human experiment gone wrong. After the Simian flu broke out and spread across the world killing almost the entire human population, humans were desperately trying to find a cure. So desperate that a mother gladly gave up her first child before they were even born for experiments. That child was me. My mother is a scientist and she allowed others to experiment on me while I was still inside her. As soon as I was born all I could remember was seeing white. White walls, white clothing, but soon I found a new color and it was red. I was cut open and put back together again, time after time again.

When I turned 10 years old something happened to me. A chemical they gave me did something to my DNA giving me the ability to change into any living animal. My hair also changed. It once used to be a raven black but now it's as white as snow. I've been trying to escape for many years and now is my chance. I am 18 and am being transported to a new facility and I was planning on escaping. I was being dragged behind a truck, my wrist handcuffs together along with a collar around my neck. The collar controlled my powers keeping me from shapeshifting. It was tight around my throat making it very hard to breathe, my wrists that were bound also hurt. They were cuffed way to tightly.

I was dressed in white hospital pants and shirt, my white hair was in a messy bun with a few loose strands sticking out here and there. I was covered in scars from experiments and punishments. It must be hard to believe that this was all because of my mother. After the simian flu broke out and killed my family other than my mother.

After I was born my mother had 2 more children I rarely saw them. I was never taught how to speak so I only know sign language. Before we left the facilitate i was at before I had attacked a guard and stole his small pocket knife. I was punished but it was worth it. At that very moment, i was picking the lock on the handcuffs. I was so close and then I heard a

*click*

I looked up quickly seeing that no one was watching me then I ripped off the cuffs and dashed as fast as I could into the forest. I could hear shouting behind me. Everything around me blurred at my speed. My bare feet pushed against the rain-soaked ground. I had no idea where I was going but I was not going back I would rather die than go back to only seeing white ever again. I felt my ankle get caught on something. My body tumbled down a steep hill.

I heard a pop come from my right arm and pain erupted there. I let out a small cry as my body came to a stop my head hit the ground hard making me dizzy.