six

C H A P T E R        S I X

09:05am — Harry

 His thoughts are a confused mass. So much is going on in his head right now and Harry is thinking about so many things at the same time. The only thing he is not thinking about is a solution. Harry doesn't think about how to solve this situation, this massive problem that literally crashed into his life.

 First, he needs to find Amy. He won't leave this building without his little daughter. His still so young daughter has to sit somewhere and be scared to death.

 Hastily, Harry leaves his office again and sees Susan leaning against the counter which stands in the middle of the foyer. And she is not alone. A few people who are employed here as well stand in front of her and talk to her.

 But all their heads turn to Harry as soon as he steps into the foyer. Susan looks scared and confused. Her face is pale and her fingers are shaking. 

 "Susan, where is my daughter?"

 "She's on floor 107, Sir. She—"

 "107? Why the hell is she at the viewing platform?" Harry asks angrily and furrows his eyebrows, his hands tightly clenched into fists.

 "She said she was bored and Mr.Weaver suggested to visit the viewing platform so she can see something because she talked about going on the roof and...and—" Susan stutters.

 "How the hell am I supposed to get to her now? She is 21 floors above me!" Harry yells and knows that he can't take his anger out on Susan but he is worried, scared and angry which is a very dangerous mixture, "And why the hell is he thinking he could just stop working to show my daughter around?"

 In a hurry he walks over to the elevator and pushes the button—what a ridiculous thought! "Sir, Sir...Mr.Styles, you can't use the elevator." Susan tells him with a calming voice.

 "What do you expect me to do? Walk upstairs? My daughter...she is scared and I need the quickest way to get to her." Harry explains.

 "Sir, the only way is walk." Susan says.

 "The stairs? Are you serious?" Harry asks and then sighs, "Okay okay, then I'm gonna walk. I can't leave my daughter alone. She must be so scared." Harry rambles and makes his way towards the internal staircase.

 This is all too much for him. This all is too much for everyone to bear. No one knows what to do or how to get out of here. No one knows how to handle this situation. Should they wait for the fire fighters? Or take their destiny into their own hands?

 "Mr.Styles, what are we supposed to do now?" Susan asks for everyone in the room. Everyone is helpless and clueless.

 "I don't know."

 "But we need—"

 "I don't know, okay! We're not working anymore. I'm not Mr.Styles or Sir to you, I'm Harry. I'm not your boss at the moment. I'm like you and I need to get out of here, just like you and everyone else here. But first I need to get my daughter!" Harry explodes and breathes heavily. Frustrated, he runs his fingers through his curly mess.

 "I'm sorry."

 "Please, I just need to find my daughter now and get the hell out of here." Harry says helplessly and Susan nods.

 "I will help you." She says and Harry looks down to see her taking of her high heels. Harry doesn't argue with her because he knows this would be just a waste of time.

 So he nods and starts approaching the internal staircase. No one knows that their time to get out of the tower is counted.