Little Boy

"Hey, Sweetheart! Would you give me some ideas for a storyline for a contest? I would like to write something about planet earth and plastic but I am out of ideas at this moment."

"Sure, of course!"

The little girl in front of me gives me her answer as soon as she heard what I said. Wow, she is totally different from me who have been thinking all day long on what kind of story I should write to draw the attention of many people with 500 words limit!

"Once upon a time, there was a little boy who loves his pets a lot although he never liked to recycle."

The little girl starts her story without giving me a chance to sink into my thoughts. Her eyes are full of confident and she doesn't appear to having doubt. How much I would like to have her confident and..

"He loved travelling too. So he traveled all around the world but the sad thing was he threw plastic everywhere he went.."

I have to stop what I am thinking because the little girl now is continuing her story again. She is now very exciting of telling her own story. I see her going round and round on the sidewalk. . Yes. We are on a platform beside the roads and there are people going about beside us. Someone looks at the little girl and smiles. But She doesn't even notice about them.

"And then one day he came back ...."

"Sorry darling, what did you say?"

I lost her last words. So I have to ask her again. She looks upset and impatient but she repeats it again.

"One day, that boy came back to his place... I mean he came back to his home.. got it?"

"Oh.. yes.. yes.. I get it.."

She gives me the face - oh now finally you get it.

"And then he found a plastic bag on his cat's head. You know his cat was suffocated by the plastic bag."

I can see that her story is still not finished and I save my reaction for the last chapter.

"So his cat died and from that day onward that boy loved his pets and also he did recycle plastic. That's the end."

She stops. Now, she is trying to open a candy from her jacket's pocket. A pink one. Just as she likes.

"Do you like it mommy?"

She ask me. And I smiled.

"Yes, darling. It is a great story."

"Here.."

She handed me the cover of candy and put the candy into her mouth.

"Ahh.. you give me rubbish to throw away. Why can't you throw away by yourself? There is a garbage bin . You see?"

I point her the garbage bin very near to us. She giggles. Playing again round and round on the platform.

"You go and throw it there."

I laugh and give up to her. And I walk to the garbage bin and throw the plastic candy cover.

*********************

Akyainnamon

17/11/2018

500 words