LOOSING

To say that she was distracted these couple of days would be an understatement. After talking to Katia, John and Luke, they're still where they started. With Arthur gone and Luke still in prison. She knows this has nothing to do with her but she can't help waking up and sleeping worrying about Luke and his impending execution. It's been two days since Luke was first admitted into prison and she still doesn't know what to do about. Granted, she most likely can't do anything about it anyway. This is a castle with a hierarchy and powerful individuals with agendas. Who is she to interfere? What did Luke say that day? You're probably dragging enough attention as it is. It's best for her to just leave this get fixed on it's own and stay out of and away from it and if Bell had any self preservation skills at all, she wouldn't be walking to Richard's room right now. 

She knocks on his door and waits. He opens it in seconds and he says "BlueBell. What can I do for you?" 

"he didn't do it"

He sighs, walking back inside the room. She follows him in, closing the door after her. 

"How do you know?" 

"because he likes her" she says "he might even love her...he wouldn't rape her"

"Maybe that's why he did" he shrugs "he's been longing for her too long and finally snapped" 

Bell wants to say that he couldn't have been longing for something that he already had but Luke's request was loud and clear. 

"What about his highness?"

"What about him?" 

"you said it yourself" she says "He needs Luke" 

he shrugs "Arthur can survive without anyone"

"But they're friends" she says "he should be here"

"Didn't you hear him that day?" Richard asks "he has no friends" 

Bell seriously wants to slap Arthur for saying shit he doesn't mean. 

"I think he was just saying that-"

"he wasn't" Richard says "Trust me. Arthur's only friend is the crown. He feels nothing for anyone" 

Arthur has been doing nothing but feeling the minute she got here. She honestly doesn't get how people keep saying that he's unfeeling and unattached to anyone. He's attached to everyone. He's attached to his mom, to Luke, to her even. 

"fine" she says "What about Luke himself?" 

"he's getting what he deserves"

"But he hasn't done anything!" 

"Bell even if he did you'd forgive him" he shrugs "that's the kind of person you are" 

Bell scoffs softly. No it really isn't. If she believed Luke really did rape her, she wouldn't be running around trying to save him. Bell believes in an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth. You deserve to be killed if you killed. Period. 

"he didn't do it Richard" she says slowly 

"There's a witness" 

Bell stops. 

"what?" 

Richard just shrugs. 

"What witness?" 

"a maid" he says "she saw it happen and testified" 

"What if they made her testify?" she asks "It's possible isn't it?"