Tense

Xaviers' pov

I woke up to the best scent ever filling my nostrils. It was so strong it could burn them. I recognised it as my mates scent, the lovely smell of golden pear and vanilla.

I pulled her closer to me carefully and nuzzled her neck, breathing in more of her scent but not to wake her. I stayed like this for a few minutes before looking over at her.

She looked beautiful. Her silver dyed hair was barely knotted as it spread across the pillow. Her face no longer had a smirk which seemed to constantly be sketched there if a scowl wasn't. Her plump lips were parted as she took in slow, deep breaths.

She was breath taking, even when she didn't try.

So many people think I'm cold... But it all depends on the people, if I know you then I'm fine with being me in front of you but... When I have to deal with business or I don't know you, its a whole different story. I just... Have a problem with opening up to people.

Call it trust issues if you will.

But with Evvy, I automatically feel like I can be me. Its easy and free flowing. This will work. She is already mine whether she likes it or not.

I snapped out of my thoughts when I felt her shift beside me.

I, on instinct, began to act like I was asleep. Ok, hear me out, its an instinct. To not get caught, act dead or asleep. When I'm in bed and I'm about to get caught watching my sleeping mate, Imma choose to act asleep.

As I was asleep, I felt her shift into a sitting up position. As a primal instinct, I tightened my grip on her waist. She ain't going nowhere.

I felt her gaze on me and then I felt a light finger start tracing my features. I untensed myself around her but kept my arn around her.

She continued to lightly trace my features and that's when I had an idea. If I talk she will jump and this will be hilarious.

"You know its rude to stare? Especially touch people in their sleep." I said to her. She quickly retracted her finger and jumped so far that she almost fell off the bed. But I caught her before she landed on her ass.

A nice ass....

Annnnnyyyyyywaaaayyyy

She yelped as I pulled her back up and towards me. She seemed to be fighting against her thoughts whether to lean into my touch or not. So I helped her out and forced her to lean back. On me.

If I said I didn't enjoy this position as we sat and watched Tv... I would be telling a huge lie.

I loved this.

I could do this everyday.

Wait... What?

I mean, yeah she is my mate... But is it not to soon for these thoughts? I need to stop!

Abruptly she stood up and walked over to her school bag. She took her clothes and went into the bathroom... I'm gonna assume she is changing.

I noticed she took her phone with her and that's when I became curios.

I tuned in my werewolf hearing, what can I say, I'm curious.

I heard typing for about five minutes, she must be writing a message. But in the middle of the message her phone began to ring. She answered is and said 'hello' politely
'Oh my, oh my, Evvy get to the pack hospital now.' I heard a male reply. My wolf growled at that.
'Wait what? Why? What's wrong?'
'Chase has been bitten by a vampire, they gave him a cure and he has high chances of recovering but he is in a coma'
'Oh my goodness, Ben this is terrible! Ill be there in a second, if he wakes up this soon, tell him I'm on my way and I love him!' I heard a beep and I'm assuming she hung up.