Sasuke's Story

It had been one week since the announcement of Itachi's innocence and Sasuke was about to go mad. He has being harassed by fangirls no matter where he went, all offering their sympathies and trying to cheer him up. It was even worse than after the massacre. As if Sasuke's fangirls hadn't been enough, even Itachi's fangirls tried to seek him out to find out Itachi's whereabouts, which he would gladly have given out in revenge, had he known where he was.

The truth was that Sasuke had not seen the hide or hair of Itachi since that meeting in Hokage tower. He would never admit it but he was hurt. It was just like before the massacre. Itachi had time for everything except Sasuke.

He had stopped expecting him to visit and was thereby surprised at the knock on his door at 11 pm, which turned out to be his brother.

"I'm sorry about coming so late, Sasuke. Tsunade-sama is very difficult to bypass during the day." he apologized.

Sasuke waved it off. "It's fine. I was just studying. And why do you have to bypass Tsunade?" he asked beckoning him inside.

Itachi glanced at his thick tomes, appraisingly and answered, "She's overseeing my treatment."

Sasuke felt his eyes widen. He couldn't believe he had forgotten about Itachi's unknown disease, even after he was studying medicine, day and night.

Itachi, being the genius that he was, apparently figured something out from his expression.

"How old are you, Sasuke?" he asked.

"Shouldn't you know that?"

"Should I?" he retorted, calmly.

Sasuke sighed. So much for keeping it secret.

"Twenty Two." he answered.

"You're older than me." Itachi said, almost in wonder.

"No, I'm not. You were born before me, therefore you are older." Sasuke insisted. He would never tolerate it, if Itachi started calling him nii-san.

"Of course, otouto." he smiled. "Care to tell me what happened in your time line?"

Sasuke sighed again. "It's not a happy story."

"I wouldn't expect it to be."

For the next two hours Sasuke told Itachi what exactly had happened in the original time line, in detail.

Itachi didn't judge him on running to Orochimaru or joining Akatsuki. Nor did he say anything about his death. He did widen his eyes when being told about Sasuke and Naruto loosing an arm each. He only interrupted when Sasuke got to the actual time travel.

"I've never heard of sharingan behaving that way."

"Naruto has always been special." he replied.

Itachi raised an amused eyebrow at that. "I was assuming that it was your sharingan that did it, not Naruto-kun's."

"It happened because of Naruto."

Itachi was having a hard time keeping a straight face. "So what did you change after coming back?"

"Nothing much. I treated Naruto better and started training him in taijutsu....."

"I meant with major events, Sasuke." Itachi was definitely smiling now.

"Oh. I didn't get bitten by Orochimaru and snuck off to Oto?" he offered.

Itachi sighed. "Good enough, I suppose."