Chapter 19: 2019

Months later, looking up at the dark blue night sky, Julian felt the early January breeze course through her body.

The London skyscrapers soar above the clouds, casting twinkling lights that lit up the surroundings. Busses, cars and taxis filled the air with the sound of roaring engines and impatient horns. People rushing on the pavement trying to get home

Walking to the stoplight, she waited for the light to turn green and looking on the other side, she saw her.

She stood in the front with her eyes locked on Julian's. She wore her favourite blue hand-stitched scarf with her usual stylish look. A white beanie hat covered her wavy brown hair behind her.

The light finally turned green but neither of them moved. As the people move around them everything seemed to slow down and turn blurry and she was the only thing she sees.

The other girl turned around and the light was about to turn red again, but Julian ran to the other side.

She followed the girl to a park but when she got there, she couldn't find her. She turned and now they're face to face. Her heart raced seeing the girl she dreamed seeing for a long time.

But then she felt a sting on her left cheek "Do you actually think you can hide from me!" said the girl

"O-Olivia" Julian stuttered. She still can't believe she's there, standing in front of her. She knows that she's not dreaming because that slap really did hurt her.

"I-is that the only thing you're going to say? Huh?"

"Uhm... what are you doing here?"

"Who told you to break off the engagement?!" Olivia asked furiously

Julian looked down

"Julian, how fucking dare you do that and just leave!" said Olivia and Julian noticed that the other girl is now crying so she looked up again and she was right. Tears were running down Olivia's cheeks.

"I...I thought you'd be happy"

"Happy?! How can I be happy when I know you're out there somewhere? You didn't call, text. You just disappeared"

"I thought you'd would want me gone so you can get back with Kyle"

"And you actually think that would make me happy?!" Olivia asked angrily "You just left and didn't know what would really make me happy"

"I think it was obvious Liv. From the way you ignore me before. It was clear that you didn't want me around you. So... I broke off the engagement at this point Julian was also frustrated now.

"Didn't you ever think that I was ignoring you because I was afraid?" she paused "I was fucking afraid because I was starting to fall for you and that scared me!"

Julian couldn't say anything

"I was scared of what will people think. But then I realised that it scares me the most to lose you" she sobbed

Julian was still in shock

"I looked for you everywhere. I asked everyone who might have seen you. I fucking hired a private investigator to look for you and you're just here all alo—"

Julian stepped closer and pressed her lips with Olivia's. She could feel her warmth as their lips danced. Olivia broke the kiss but rested her forehead on Julian's "you made me worry" she said softly with her eyes closed

Julian wiped the tears from the girls' cheeks "I'm sorry"

Olivia slapped Julian's arm "Don't ever do that again, you hear me?"

Julian smiled "Yes ma'am" she replied "So, are we good then?"

Olivia looked up to the taller girl "No" she said and walked away "you have to make up it to me. You made me travel all the way from the other side of world"

Julian stood there thinking of something. So, she ran after her and grabbed her wrist making the other girl turn to her. She snaked her hand on Olivia's cheeks and kissed her "how's that?"

Olivia buried her face on Julian's chest

That then made Julian smile "Are you blushing?" she teased

But Olivia just slapped her arm again "I hate you" she said and walked away again

"I love you" said Julian making the other girl stop from her tracks

Olivia could feel her cheeks flaring. She turned slowly to the other girl. She walked back to where Julian is and stopped just a step away "Ok"

"Huh?"

"Did you actually think I flew all this way just to shout at you?"

"I'm confused"

"You know for a math genius, you are actually dumb"

"So?"

"Dammit" Olivia gave her a peck "Do you know the answer now?"

"No" Julian teased

Olivia gave her another "Now?"

"No, I'm not getting it"

Olivia sighed "I love you too" she whispered

"I didn't hear. Can you say it a little louder?"

Olivia sighed again "I love you too!" she said a little louder

"I love you more" Julian replied and pressed her lips with Olivia's again and it broke their kiss when white tiny snowflakes started to fall but Olivia snaked her arms around Julian's neck and pulled her into another kiss