Linzi's Diary 'Back To The Beginning' Special

Back to The Beginning

          "Dad seriously I can get Alex to put the lights up, I don't want you climbing that ladder." "Stop worrying, I'm your dad, it's what I'm isupposed to do." He puts the ladder against the wall and checks that it's stable before starting to climb. "Please be careful." Hitching the lights on his shoulder he climbed even more, a gust of wind blew, and the ladder began to shake. "Dad!" the ladder started to fall so he held on tight as it came crashing down onto the grass below...

        He opened his eyes and looked around him. "Hey there, you took quite a tumble from the stage. Are you okay?" asked Nick. He stood up and looked at them all. "Are you okay? You hit your head pretty hard." Said Kevin. "We're doing a show?" "Luckily this is just rehearsals, you just fell down." "Why do you guys look like that?" "Like what?" "I think we should get him to the hospital." Said Howie. "I don't need a hospital; can someone call my daughter please." "Your daughter? Okay I think maybe we do need to take him to the hospital." Said Kevin holding Brian's arm. "You don't need to hold me; can you get my phone for me and I'll do it myself." "Okay." AJ walked over to the side of the stage and passed him his phone, he looked at it for a minute before looking back at him. "Are you kidding me? this isn't my phone. I haven't had this phone for over thirty years, I bought this phone back before we started our second tour. Did you guys keep this for a joke? Can you please pass me my phone?" "Brian, I am going to ask you some questions and I want you to answer them the best you can okay?" "Yes, okay." "What is your name?" "Brian Littrell." "What's your middle name?" "Thomas." "What year is this?" "It's twenty thirty-one."  They all look at him. "Howie can you call an ambulance? I think we're going to need it now... do you hurt anywhere?" "Just my head and maybe my shoulder." "What was the last thing you remember before you fell?" "Before I fell, I was climbing a ladder to hang some lights up on my daughters' house." "How can you have done that? You know where you are don't you?" "Well for some reason I'm in an arena with you guys and you all look weird... AJ you've shaved off your beard man and lost some of those pounds, Nick I thought you weren't rocking those blonde curtains anymore? You all look like your twenty years younger than you should." "What year did you say it was again?" "Twenty thirty-one." "Dude, it's only nineteen ninety-eight." Said Nick. "See now I know you're kidding me, first my old phone and now you're telling me it's ninety-eight. This really isn't funny, and I really have a headache." The paramedics turn up and the guys stand back, Brian is taken to the hospital in the ambulance.

          When they arrive, they sit him in recovery, he jumped down from the bed and walked a little way down the hall to the bathroom. Walking inside he closed the door, he made his way over to the sink and after filling his hands with water he splashed his face before looking in the mirror. "Well holy crap, look at me. I don't know what you're doing up there, if this is you giving me another chance then I thank you and I promise not to let you down." He dried his hands and walked back out into the corridor then back to his cubical. The guys rushed in and Brian was just sat smiling to himself. "This doesn't look good guys." Said Howie. "Relax Howie, I'm all good. So, can we go now? We have a lot to do, don't we have to meet our competition winner tomorrow?" "Yeah they're going to be with us after rehearsals." Said Kevin. "Good, I am really looking forward to meeting them. So, someone go find a doctor and tell them that everything is okay and I'm ready to leave now." "Are you sure you're okay? what was all that earlier about you being in twenty thirty-one?" "I have no idea, must have been where I hit my head, but I know what year it is and where I am and what tour we're doing." "You want to run that past us just to be sure?" Asked Nick. "Yeah, it's the eighth of January, we're in London and we're currently on our Backstreet's Back tour... are you satisfied because I really would like to leave here right now?" "He seems to be okay." Said Howie. "I am." A doctor walked in through the curtain. "Mr. Littrell?" "That'll be me." Brian put his hand up. "I'm doctor Barnet and I'll be checking you over today, now it says here that you were brought in after a fall and you've been experiencing some memory loss." "Oh, yeah but that's all gone now. I'm back to being me again." "Would you mind if I checked the head wound?" "Sure, go ahead." The doctor stood behind him and checked his head. "You have a slight bump, but it doesn't seem serious, you may have some slight concussion so just take things easy and if you start to feel unwell then I suggest you come back here." "Okay Doc, I will do just that. So, can I go now?" "Let me just finish writing your notes up and then you can go." "Thank you." The doctor walked back out and after the paperwork Brian and the boys go back to the hotel.