Chapter 20 - Rehearsals

Chapter 20- Rehearsals

Kai

A Week Later

"Your shoulder appears to be fully healed. Still, you should be careful. We wouldn't want any inconvinient problems." Dr. Lawson says while looking at my latest x-rays. I'm glad to be able to take my arm out of that stupid sling already. It's been one hell of a week. After leaving the hospital, with the paparazzi everywhere, I was obligated (by Louis and everybody else) to take two more days off of work. Which annoyed the hell out of me because all I wanted was to do something other than stay in bed. But you know we don't always get what we want. During those two days I was taken care of by mom and Aunt Beth and, well, just about everyone. The lads and girls always seemed to be at my flat. Their constant hovering was sofocating but I know they all love me and wanted to help me. But thank God its over!

The media storm that followed my accident was huge. There were reporters at the hospital the whole time I was there. The lads publicist made an official announcement about it just a day after the accident to fight off rumors that I was dead. Apperantly someone saw Kiran and Kyle crying in the waiting room so they tweeted I was dead. Which is hilarious only to me but whatever. In other news I am apperantly dating if not one then two memebers of One Direction or so the media says. There is speculation that Louis and Niall are fighting over me and that neither would leave my side while I was in the coma. Of course you all know the truth; the only one who never really left me was Louis. I have no idea how they came up with that rumor but it really doesn't matter. Niall and I are just friends and Louis and I are, well, together. Is it really girlish if I cant help giggle or smiling whenever I think Louis being my boyfriend? Yeah, it probably is but I honestly dont care. I've been wanting this for a very long time. It's great to have him back just like before. His support and love have been amazing just like everyone else's. I feel like the most blessed person in the world, even if I'm constantly grumbling at their hovering. Before I only had friends but now I have people who are like family and hopefully they'll stay like that for a long time to come. "I'll make sure she behaves Dr. Lawson."

I throw Louis a look and he lifts an eyebrow challenging me. "Trust me I'll be good I don't want to have that thing on again." Dr. Lawson chuckles and shakes his head amused. He knows how much I hated that sling. Now with the mobility of my arm at a hundred percent I can do more things at rehearsals. Since the show is just in four days we've been rehearsing the songs and through all of it I've been sitting in a wheelchair just watching. Now I can actually sit on a stool and sing along with the girls.

"Are you experiencing any pain with your leg? An injury like yours is painful and even when mended it can still cause pain."

"Sometimes when I move I feel a slight pinch and when I'm going to sleep it starts pounding."

"And she's been pretty tired."

"Thats pretty normal, since your body isn't a hundred percent still you have to exert yourself more than usual. This causes exhaustion and the pain in your leg. You have to give yourself a break Miss Ellis your body is telling you to slow down."

"Okay, thank you doctor. I promise to at least try to slow down." I say throwing him a smile and ignoring Louis' unamused glare. Dr. Lawson chuckles and looks at Louis.

"You certainly have your hands full with this one." He remarks with an amused grin. Louis shakes his head, his mouth turning up in the smile I've fallen for.

"You have no idea." He says but from the loving gaze he's directing at me I know he doesn't mind it at all. The good doctor chuckles and pats Louis on the back before offering a hand that Louis takes.

"Good luck to both of you. And I'll see you in a month to check that leg of yours." He says pointing at the huge cast. Damn I hate it. Its itchy and hot and heavy. I spend half of the time using a pencil to scratch.