slow down there, buddy

warning: very flirty kusuo-kun

.

.

.

This day could have not been any better. The gentle breeze of dusk swirled around you as you leaned against the marble of your beach hotel's balcony. You took in a big breath as you admired the scenic view before you–waves crashing gently into the rocks on the beautiful beach.

You began to pull the big blanket over your shoulders, making it drape like a pullover. Really the simple things that make you happy.

The palm trees are slowly swaying in the gentle wind, signaling it will be a calm night for you. You sighed as you wrapped your blanket around your arms, taking in the warmth that welcomed you.

"A lovely view, huh?" A voice startled you from behind. You twirled around to see your best friend, Saiki, a blanket also draped over him.

"Yeah, it is." You smiled. The beach was basically the most breathtaking view you've ever seen.

The pink-haired psychic walked up right next to you, placing his head on top of yours. You can't help but jolt a little bit under the sudden weight.

"Can you just—" You shifted a little bit, removing his head from yours. He pouted.

"You're so jumpy, (Y/N)." He said, facing you.

"Yeah," You scoffed. "Maybe because you came over here and randomly started to do stuff like this."

"I can do something else too, if you want." He cheekily smirked.

You raised your eyebrow. "Take me out to dinner first, buddy."

"You're really stubborn, you know?"
"Tell me something I don't know."

"You won."

.

.

.

"Down for a snack?" You asked your best friend, he reading a book on his own bed, as you opened the mini-fridge looking for something to eat.

You spotted a little container of greek yogurt beside the water bottles. "Found some yogurt," You examined the design of the container. "Wanna share?"

"I'm good," He flipped a page. "You're the only snack that I want to eat."

You widened your eyes as you turned around to see Kusuo's playful smirk.

"Excuse me?"
"You heard me."

You blushed. "Stop doing that."

He set his book down on the bedside table and swung his legs out of the bed.

"Not playing, (Y/N)." He gave you a look, indicating that he was actually serious.

"Stop it Ku, this is why you can't be taken serious by anyone." You tried to stop your cheeks reddening even more.

"But I am serious!" He whined.
You froze.

"You're not saying anything."
"I would make a witty comeback, but my mind just not in the right place right now."

"Alright then. If you need anything from me, just come here beside me." He winked.

"Very funny," You climbed into your own bed. "Goodnight Kusuo."

No response.

You laid there for awhile, thinking about comebacks to say to Kusuo in the future, aware he could read your mind. But that didn't stop you.

Finally, you turned to the other side as your eyelids became heavier and heavier.