The Vacuo ( 28 )

I stared in awe at the elegant green dragon. Tenaglia's colossal from filled the wet cavern. She was larger any of the dragons I've seen so far. She was bigger than Raikou and Athena put together. Her claws wear a pearl white and big enough to slice me in half easily. The Queen's head was as big as my whole body. Her wings were folded against her back if they weren't they would've filled the cavern. 

"What is your name?", Tenaglia spoke firmly as she rose her head so she was looking down at me.

The Dragon Queen radiated strength and power. There was no question of who she was as I felt small and powerless under her icy glare.

Ignoring the immense pain in the legs, I moved to kneel in front of her. 

"Larisa", I answered simply.

" Why have you come here?" She hissed.

"I've come seeking your aid and to warn you."

"Warn me? Of what do I have to fear", Tenaglia laughed, " I'm an arch dragon the strongest of all dragons and their Queen. Anyone or anything that dares challenges me will meet a fate worse than death as I use their bones as toothpicks." She hissed.

" I understand your power but..." My voice trailed off as she glared at me.

"But what?", She hissed.

"It's Zeref. He's coming to kill." I explained.

Tenaglia's body tensed at the name. Her action made it clear of her hated for the man. I remembered the story Ty told me. How Zeref had killed one of her brothers.  Faranth. I'm an only child, but if someone killed my brother I would be angry. However, what surprised me was when Tenaglia started to laugh. It wasn't a happy laugh. It was dark and chilling. It sent chills up and down my spine.

"Finally", She smirked," After all these years of trying to hunt him down he comes to me. Such foolishness. I will enjoy ripping him apart."

"But Tenaglia! You have to leave it's not safe. Zeref brings an army ."

"I am an army." 

Before I could stop her she stood up and let out a monstrous and rageful roar. I covered my ears and tried to back away but the pain in my leg stopped me. She raised her long whip-like tail and slammed it against the side of the cavern wall. The rock wall gave away as sunlight and the sound of waterfalls entered the cave. The newly made cave opened into a large canyon at the bottom a raging river flowed powerfully at the end a waterfall dropped out of view. 

The peaceful scene was scattered as hundreds of large black shapes dropped down into the canyon.

Tenaglia stood unfazed as the Garuda's crawled and screeched horrific sounds. Tenaglia only moved when a black dragon slowly lower itself into the canyon with a rider on it's back.

Zeref.

Tenaglia lowered her head and growled dangerously at Zeref.

 "Tenaglia it has been too long," Zeref scoffed at her, " But it seems your temper hasn't left you."

"I'm going to rip you limb from limb", She roared

Zeref laughed at the green dragon as I tried to stay hidden. I was in no shape to fight but I had a feeling I would have too.

Zeref smirked when his eyes fell on me.

"Well, well, well the rider lives. Good, we can have more fun together. It's unfortunate that last time the blonde cut us off. Where is he now I wonder? I heard he wasn't feeling well. Maybe it was something he ate?", he laughed.

"Stop, joking around I know what you did." I hissed.

"Whatever do you mean I didn't do anything."

"I know about your "friend". I related with finger quotes.

"Oh, you do now? Who told you that?"

"It wasn't hard. Not many people would want to be friends with you."

"Ouch, but really who was it? Let me guess a dreamscape visit from Sardis.

I said nothing as I only glared at him.

"Aw, so it was. I thought so. But don't worry he was punished for disobeying me, so don't accept any more visit from him anytime soon."

"What did you do!" I screamed.

"Don't worry he's still alive. I need him to be. If one of us dies so does the other, after all, we share the same body."

"Well, I have no problem killing you both", Tenaglia joined.

"Yes, I know. That's why I'm not going to fight you."

"Coward!"

"No, I'm just using all of the reasons I have available. And I would be a fool if I didn't use my strongest for this fight."

"I doubt that even your strongest creation would stand a chance against an arch dragon."

"Oh, but on the contrary, Tenaglia. It already has. Do you think I would go up against Faranth alone? Although Faranth was weak and spineless."

" Those will be your last words. Tyrant", Tenaglia yelled as she jumped from the cave at Zeref, opening her large wings to take flight. 

However, he only smiled as he snapped his fingers. Within seconds Tenaglia was pinned to the canyon wall by a horrifying black beast twice her size as Zeref only laughed evilly.

 Within seconds Tenaglia was pinned to the canyon wall by a horrifying black beast twice her size as Zeref only laughed evilly

Tenaglia struggled to free herself from the grip of the monster.

"Do you like my masterpiece Tenaglia. It's my pride and joy. And like any good father, I was so happy when he triumphed over Faranth. So I gave him a name."

 "Vacuo, The Arch Dragon Bane."

The Vacuo turned its head to its master at the mention of its name. Tenaglia took this chance to break its grip on her.

Zeref just shook his head as he ordered the beast," Vacuo do your job."

The Vacuo roared as it flew at Tenaglia. She flew up into the sky to dodge and the Vacuo followed. Soon they were out of sight and you could only hear raged roars.

Zeref then landed in the cave next to me and dismounted.

"Now it's time for us to have some fun, Uninterrupted this time." He smirked evilly.