Chapter 23: I'd Smack The Guy For Smiling At Me.

The photo was etched into the deep cell's of my brain, forcing me to see my biological father, who I had never met, and would never meet, hung off a tree. I was not born into the werewolf world, so I could not fully understand the connection between mates, and the furthest I ever could understand the decision for Alan to take his own life with the sin of suicide, would be through the bond of Logan and I.

I now wished that I had listened to Logan's advice to not read the file. But, it was already too late. Closing my eye's was harder now and I dread sleep enveloping my body because the sick feeling of seeing him came rushing dominant in my mind. 

And that was not the worst part. The worst part was feeling guilty every time I saw the man that was biologically related to me, and feel nothing but void. Was it wrong to not feel anything but resentment? This man could have potentially ruined the relationship between my parent's, even if it was already dead in the water. 

I did not even know if I was aloud to grieve for a man I did not know, which was why I tried to forget about the drama of the last few weeks and focus on the present, which was opening the envelope that would initially change my life. My exam results. 

For the last few days I had been feeling sick, physically. Actually I had been sick a few times for the last couple of days and I knew that had nothing to do with my upcoming exam results. I could only presume that I was catching a flu. 

I was seeing the pack Doctor later on in the day, demanded by Logan, to find out what actually was wrong with me, after I came home from the school with my result's first.

But I could not bring myself to open the envelope. What if I had failed? What if Logan would not be proud of me? Though I knew that he was hoping that I decided not to go to university- He wanted me to stay home and be a full time Luna. That was still not looking like an amazing idea for me, as I still did really want to go to university and become a Nurse in the future.

Open it! My conscious told me, forcing my hands to shakily pick at the sealed white fold of the envelope. The sound of the envelop opening seemed so loud and I swallowed loudly seeing the piece of paper in the envelope. You can do it. I encouraged myself.

I could literally hear my heart beating in my ears, and slowly with my shaking hands I unfolded the paper that determined if I would get into my chosen university. 

Originally I had wanted to go to a university that both of my brother's had attended before they had decided they wanted to go into the army. A six hour drive away from home. For years I had been dreaming about the campus and how fun uni life would be, being free from my parent's.

But now, after knowing Logan and everything that had happened after knowing Logan I no longer wanted to go to that university. I did not know if I still would have wanted to go if I had not met Logan, I would have most likely, but that had not happened and now I wanted to stay close to Logan.

I still did want to go to university though. I had checked out the university that was only a half an hour drive away which offered the same course I would have been taking at my original choice. I had yet to tell Logan though. 

I did not want to his hope's up, nor myself, just in case I did not get my grades. 

I peered down at the paper and my eyes widened in shock from the results that were layed in front of my eyes. I had passed, everything! I let out a sigh of relief and smiled at the paper for giving me the result's I had wished and deserved from revising. 

Sure I had not got the highest result's, and if the whole kidnap situation did not happen, and I had been pressured into revising from my dad I would have most probably achieved a better grade, but no matter these result's would get me into university. One step closer to becoming a nurse.