You're the one.

A/N *INHALES FOREVER.* HOLY CRAP THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 1,000 READS!!!! I don't have much to say for this chapter, but I hope what follows is a good thank you for all the support!!!

"Alya, how did he even get here? How did you find him?" Marinette said, eyes wide in disbelief. "He was at Chateau Bourgeois. Apparently Prince Adrien was trying on the slipper on the foot of every girl, in an attempt to find you. 

"Anyway, why're you looking so nervous? This should be the best day of your life!" "I'm not, I swear. It's just a lot to take in." Marinette turned towards the front of the bakery, her heart racing in her throat. 

To be seen as who we truly are, that is probably the most difficult trial that most people face. No magic would save Marinette now. Would the prince truly accept her like this, when so many people lately had turned her away? She stepped slowly around the corner, and looked up to see the surprised, shocked face of Prince Adrien. 

"Your highness, I am a simple girl. It takes every ounce of my energy each day, just to ensure my own survival. I have no castle, no dowry, no parents. I don't even know if that beautiful slipper will fit me. Even so, my question is will you take me as I am, a good honest country girl who loves you?" Marinette said shyly, rubbing her crossed arms.

Now it was Marinette's turn to be shocked, as Adrien spoke with eyes filled with unmasked wonder. "If you will take me as I am, a young apprentice still learning his trade. May I?" He gestured to the slipper, and she gladly sat in a nearby chair. 

Adrien took a knee, and slipped on the shoe with ease. He smiled brightly up at the mystery princess he'd searched so long for. "Perfect fit." Tears of joy beaded at the corners of his eyes as he gently cradled her head in his hands, pressing it against his own. "Bugaboo." Marinette wrapped her arms round his neck, carefully meeting him on the ground.

"Chaton." She whispered as Adrien looked into her eyes, before meeting her lips in a sweet, passionate kiss. Alya had followed Marinette several minutes before, and smiled at her best friend feeling such happiness, despite what she'd endured in the past.

Suddenly she felt a hand on her shoulder, and looked up to see a familiar looking man, who she remembered coming towards her before Marinette had to run away from the ball. "Uh, hello." He said, rubbing the back of his neck. "I-I'm sorry that you never got to try on the slipper." Alya smiled flirtatiously, taking his hand in her own. "Don't be, everything worked out in the end."

Soon after, Adrien and Marinette opted to find a place where they could be alone, to talk things over and organize their thoughts. So, with Marinette riding on the back of Adrien's horse, they ironically found themselves in the forested area where they first met.

Adrien immediately asked for the story telling how she received the beautiful dress and made it to the palace, and Marinette happily complied. "Wait, so a tiny asian man said to say a few words, and suddenly you were wearing it? Then you went outside, and a carriage was just waiting for you? He asked, eyes wide as he listened.

Marinette tucked a lock of hair behind her ear, as she laughed nervously at how far-fetched it sounded. "I know it sounds crazy, but that's how it happened." Adrien shook his head as he propped himself up on his elbows. "No, something similar happened to me."

Marinette looked over at him in surprise. "Really?" He nodded. "After you left the ball, a man matching that description said I should use the slipper to find you. He was dressed like he was part of the palace staff, but I'd never seen him before. I was doubtful of his advice, but he assured me that the magic of the slipper would lead me to you, and it did.

Marinette gently took Adrien's hand. "I'm glad it did. Thank you, great guardian, wherever you are." She said to no one in particular, hoping that the great guardian could hear her gratitude no matter where he was on the earth.

"So, why didn't you come to the palace with the other slipper when you had the chance?" The prince said, trusting that any explanation she'd possibly give, but still confused nonetheless. So, Marinette took a deep breath and told him what Princess Lila and Lord Barbot did. 

At first Prince Adrien was angry that people he trusted would do such a thing, but when Marinette recounted how she slammed the shackles against Lord Barbot's jaw in order to escape, he burst out laughing. "O-oh m-m-my, you d-did that? H-he said that h-he g-got kicked b-by a horse, a-and it l-looked like he d-did!"

Adrien rolled on the grass where they were sitting, holding his stomach as his laughter died down. "Well, one thing's for sure, I won't be marrying Princess Lila anymore, no matter what anyone says or thinks. 

"I don't know if many people will simply take my word for it, but we know of her treachery, and that will always be enough as far as I'm concerned. "Oh." Marinette smiled down at the prince, gently ruffling his hair. "Are you saying we have a future together?" "Well, I'll be king soon enough, and a king needs a queen. What do you say?"

She bent down, gently giving him an upside down kiss. "Yes, Chaton. Of course I will." Upon hearing this, Adrien stood, and scooped Marinette up bridal style. He then spun her around, and vowed to never let something so precious go again.

One year later...

"And now, by the power avested in me by this beautiful country, I now pronounce you man and wife. You may kiss the bride, my prince." The court archbishop said, joining Adrien and Marinette's hands. "Are you ready?" Marinette said, looking up at Adrien with blue eyes, bright with happiness.

He let a hand gently caress her cheek as he gazed down at her. "For anything, so long as it's with you." The kiss that followed was only one of many shared between the wise King Adrien and his benevolent Queen Marinette, but there was something that set it apart from the others.

It was the kiss that bound them as husband and wife, to share each other's joy and pain for the rest of their days. Though I doubt you'll simply take my word for it, I can tell you that they became the kindest and most charitable rulers that the citizens of France had ever witnessed, always upholding the virtues of courage, kindness and thoughtfulness taught to them long ago. 

Now, I can tell you one thing as Master Fu, the great guardian. You never know what may happen, or the lives you'll be able change if you only believe in magic. Have no fear of what others may think, for once people get out of their small mindedness and prejudices, they'll find themselves imitating you instead of mocking you.

A/N This is the end of Cinder-Mari. Thank you for coming on this beautiful journey with me, I love you all so much. I will try to get out another Miraculous fanfiction out soon, so stay tuned. Here are some works that inspired parts of this story. If you've not heard any of these, I suggest you check them out, they are all wonderful.

Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug and Cat Noir (obviously.)

Cinderella 2015

Ever After

Romeo X Juliet

The Miraculous Ladybug Cinderella AU

Yours truly, EmilyCasselman.