[ Chapter 17 ]

*play song*

Y/n's pov. 

I tie the red ribbon around Meghan's head and she beams a smile at me, I smile down at her. I sigh and wrap my arms around her waist from behind.

The door opens and I look up to see Louise.

" The medicine is working but the process is really slow, it could take months for it to cure but there's a high chance of a seizure, when I studied her x-ray, there were some white particles in her lungs " he said.

" How do I know it's not a false result?, Your still a trainee, you could be wrong " I said.

" I've doubled checked with my assistant and the other doctors " he said.

" Isn't she too young? " Ein said who is sitting down on the chair bedside me.

" She started developing symptoms when she was young, no one knew what it was " I said.

" When did you know? " He asked.

" It was a few months ago until she was diagnosed with it " I said.

" I see " he nodded his head.

" N/n, can I wear this? " She asked as she lift up my hand and pull up my sleeves which reveals dad's bracelet.

A few of my scars appeared, Louise wasn't surprised.

" No Meggy " I said, she whines.

" It's really important for N/n to take it off " I said, she starts whimpering.

" Ah, please don't " I said, she then start weeping.

" Okay, okay " I said and take it off the bracelet.

Since the bracelet needs to be wrapped twice around my wrist, I wrap it once around her neck as a necklace.

It wasn't that tight nor too loose, she then stops weeping.

" I love you " she leaps and give me a hug, I yelp when Meghan's wrap her arms around, my stomach.

She noticed and pull apart as I hug my stomach.

" Oh, sorry " She said, I chuckle through the pain.

" It's okay " I said and place my hand on her head to see the ribbon has moved to the side of her head.

I move it back in the middle and adjust it.

" Are you okay? " Louise asked, I nodded.

" You want the painkillers? " Ein asked.

" Sure " I said and he takes out one giving it to me.

Louise pass me a water bottle as I pop the pill in my mouth, I swallow the pill along with the water.

Closing the bottle with the cap the door opens and I look up to see Landon, in his white shirt and yellow flannel, a pair of jeans and boots. You know, old man style.

" Landon, what are you doing here? " Ein asked.

" I wanted to talk them " he said.

" Us three? " I asked, he nods.

Ein stood up and exit the room.

" Landon " Louise cross his arms.

" I came her to just ask a few questions " he said.

" Who are you? " Meghan asked as I wrap my arms around her waist from behind.

" Meghan, you've grown up " he said.