Christmas Special

This is a Christmas Special so it isn't part of the story. This is simply a special for Christmas with some fluff so read if you wish.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Christmas. It's the time of year that everyone either loves or loves to hate. Personally, and likely contrary to popular belief, I love Christmas for one very obvious reason.

Food.

Yes, Christmas is the best excuse to go all out with food. Having a professional cook as a mom makes Christmas extra special seeing as she comes up with new recipes or perfects old ones so I'm left wondering every year what I'm going to be throwing up the next day. Now I know what you're asking, what's good about this food if it makes you throw up? Simple. It's so good that I stuff my face unnecessarily, get sick and throw up then just stuff my face with leftovers anyways. Probably not the best idea but it's fucking Christmas and if I wanna make myself sick over delicious food then I will.

The one downside, however, is that all this cooking at our house means that I must participate. Mom's excellent cooking genes did not pass along to me. I am a menace in the kitchen, which is why she makes me stick to very simple tasks like putting ingredients in the bowl or putting things in the oven and taking them out when verbally instructed to do so. Then I'm the one putting the cookies or cakes into packages to hand out to neighbors, friends and family.

Yep, I'm the delivery elf during Christmas, ho ho ho mother fucker.

But the amount of people I'm meant to deliver to is dwindling down as Christmas day grows near. It's officially the 21st and my mom and me are meant to leave tomorrow evening to visit family in New York for a few days. That means the last of the batches have to be done today. My arms are stuffed with a portion of this "last batch" when she hands me a few tins of cookies along with a cake and says, "I'm gonna leave for a little while and deliver the rest so, you take that over to the Halton's and you're done."

Her smile states that she saved them for last since we both know I would just sit around with Leo. Nodding, I do as I'm told, trying to pretend like I haven't been waiting for this moment all day. Probably doesn't work but who really gives a shit, he's my boyfriend, I should be excited to see him.

Outside the snow is really starting to pile up. Christmas is a few days away so my fingers are crossed the snow lasts until then. Even if I've already shoveled the sidewalk multiple times this month, I don't mind doing it a few more if it means a white Christmas. The wind picks up, causing me to rush to Leo's front porch. The cold doesn't really bother me, but cold with wind sure as hell does.

"Micah, hurry, come on in!" Mrs. Halton says after she answers the door, ushering me in from the cold. The door is shut immediately behind me while I hold out her assortment of goodies.

"Merry Christmas, these are from my mom," I say while Mrs. Halton takes them gleefully.

"Oh, Merry Christmas, sweetie!" Mrs. Halton presses a kiss to my cheek before giggling with excitement. "We've been waiting for these all year! Matilda always makes the best goodies. These won't last the night y'know."

"Trust me, I know."

"Leo's upstairs in his room. Why don't you go up and grab him? We can all have a little snack."

She doesn't have to tell me twice so, quickly, I kick off my shoes and head up the stairs. I can hear Mr. Halton asking downstairs if the trays are from my mom. She really is popular with everyone since, yes, she makes the best junk food. I don't know how I haven't died from a sugar overdose yet but it'll probably happen eventually.

I don't bother knocking on Leo's door, never do and I think he's gotten used to it. So, when the door swings open, Leo doesn't look all that shocked to see me. Sadly, winter takes away the chance of me being greeted with the hot shirtless soccer boy next door. Instead, I'm met with the ball of fluff curled up on his bed beneath piles of blankets although it's really warm in the house. I don't get it but he's adorable peeking his face out of his cocoon of blankets.