- Chapter Twenty Seven -

Alina was roughly dragged away from the floor and positioned behind Kaeden. She grasped onto his shirt from behind to balance herself from the quick movement. She was so close to him that she could smell his cologne. And it smelled divine.

Alina pulled Kaeden back. "He was having withdrawals. He hadn't been able to shift properly throughout his entire captivity and after I returned his sanity. Let him roam around."

Kaeden remained silent as his guard shook his head. "Beta, we can't allow it. What if he runs out and we need to catch him? We can't lose him."

Keaden regarded the man with a stone glare. "Obviously we're not doing a good job of keeping him normal. Alina is to visit this man and monitor his condition until my brother returns. You be a good dog and watch out for any attempts of escaping."

With that said, he angrily walked out and left everyone in the room. The guard bristled in anger silently as he watched Bryce sniffing his surroundings. Alina knew he wasn't going to run off, his wolf is curious to see where he is and it seems that he's much more comfortable with following Alina around than going anywhere near the guard dog.

Alina began to clean up the mess Bryce did, starting with flipping the bed back to its original place. As she did this, Bryce laid near her and began to take a nap. Destroying the room must've taken a toll on him.

The guard finally spoke when he couldn't handle the silence anymore. "I'm going to speak with the Beta. If you attempt to escape, I will catch you and torture you just like the alpha would do if he were here. Got it?"

Alina nodded and turned her back towards him. She heard his steps retreating and the slamming of the door. She turned and noticed that the door was cracked open. Kaeden, or anyone else attempting to come in must've done that by accident to see what the commotion Bryce was creating. The door didn't lock anymore.

"Dont just stand there, come on." At the sound of Bryce's voice, Alina jumped in fright. She turned quickly to see Bryce in his human form once again, wearing only a pair of pants.

"Y-you planned this?" She asked perplexed.

He nodded proudly and took her by the hand and pushed the door open. It took a bit of force but they opened it and soon they were briskly walking away. "I knew you were being watched every minute of today. But they weren't minding me. Good distraction right? Now we can run off while the men bump heads for my award winning acting."

Alina smiled at him. He's risking his life to help, not only himself but her as well into escaping this place. "Then let's get a head start before their alpha returns tomorrow and finds his pack a mess."

They both entered a room when they heard footsteps coming their way. They remained quiet until they were gone. Bryce noticed the window slightly open and walked towards it. Alina followed suit and saw that they were facing the back of the pack house.

Bryce turned to Alina with concern. "The alpha is returning tonight."

Alina blanched at the information. "What do you mean?"

Bryce carefully opened the window and glanced outside, making sure no one was around. "I heard the guards talking to Keaden earlier when I was being dramatic. He said his brother was returning and he shouldn't find me in the state I was supposedly in. He said he couldn't find what he needed, so he was returning quickly."

Alina shook her head. How fast was Damien and his wolf warriors traveling? He had only left the night before. It was impossible.

Bryce quickly jumped out, landing gracefully on the ground. He turned and held his arms out to Alina. Alina looked down and swallowed her nerves. They had been on the second floor of the building, the jump can't kill her, but the fear of getting severely hurt was what made her anxious.

Alina closed her eyes and hopped out. Bryce effortlessly caught her and set her down on the ground. He grabbed her hand and they both sprinted across the small opening and into the woods. They turned around and made sure no one had seen them. Luckily it had been an all clear.

They began running away, in whatever direction they saw fit. They simply just wanted to leave this place and go into hiding forever.

Alina and Bryce has just crossed the pack's border when a loud growl called out Alina's name. They both halted any kinds of movements, fearing that they'll give away their position.

Alina slowly turned around, she quietly crawled towards some bushes and peaked through them. In the distance she saw Kaeden, with many other men.

As well as Isaiah.

She covered her hand, preventing herself from gasping. Her adoptive father had found her, and was rendered the same fate that had happened years ago. Only she knew this time everything would be different.

Kaeden searched through the surrounding forest behind the pack house. He stopped in the direction Alina was at, but not seemingly noticing her due to the masses of trees and bushes. But he knew Alina can see him, he felt it in his gut.

"I'm giving you fifteen seconds Alina to come back or else your daddy here will suffer the consequences!" He yelled out.

Bryce pulled on Alina gently, realizing that they have a fifteen second head start to run away. Alina knew it too, but it was also goigg to cost the life of the man who had protected her her entire life. Who sacrificed so much for her. Who had helped her achieve her goals. Her father.

Alina looked at her father with blurry vision. His head held high as two men held him by the arms. Another man had shifted in his wolf, canines bared as he waited for Kaeden's signal to devour Isaiah.

Kaeden continued to stare out in the same direction, his eyes holding guilt. He closed his eyes tightly for a quick second and turned to Isaiah with a hard look.

Then he started counting down.

______________________________

A/N      Posted: 12/30/18

Tick tock the clock is ticking. What will Alina do?

Comment & Vote! 😊