BONUS CHAPTER: Christmas At The Academy.

*Based just after Asher began training his elite team and before Shade and Aurora's heart to heart (The demon blood revelation)*

I have added some fitting Christmas music above😁  (piano version so nobody gets distracted by the lyrics 😂)

---------------

"AURORA"

I quickly awoke from a distant dream to the characteristically loud, cheerful voice of Chase.

"It's CHRISTMAS!" he bellowed, probably waking up half of the building.

I sat up groggily and wiped my tired eyes, a smile slowly spreading across my fatigued face. Only Verity and I had decided to stay at the Academy over Christmas, all of the other girls in our room had gone home for the holidays.

I looked around our empty room and realised that Verity must have already left. Ignoring the fact that Chase had now broken into song as he ascended the stairs to our dorm room, I quickly changed into some comfortable clothing and approached the door.

Before I had the chance to open it, it swung open to reveal an ecstatic Chase. Slightly stunned, it took me a couple of seconds to take in his ridiculous but delighted appearance. He was decked out in a bright red knitted Christmas jumper and wore an oversized Santa hat along with a  cheerful grin.

"Merry Christmas!" he exclaimed gleefully, grabbing me into an embrace to spin me around before placing me back on the floor.

"Merry Christmas to you too" I giggled as I regained my balance.

"Come on, everyone is downstairs!" he laughed, grabbing my hand to pull me along.

Not really having a choice, I ran quickly behind him until we reached the bottom of the stairs. I opened the door and moved into the larger room to see a scene that warmed my heart.

Max, Zack, Orpheus, Verity and Adelia were all gathered around the rustic wooden table that lay in front of the roaring fireplace. Tinsel and festive wreaths decorated the whole room, illuminated with floating balls of all sorts of reds, greens and gold colours that moved freely around the room.

"Merry Christmas!" they all cheered upon seeing me and Chase.

I allowed a wide smile to spread across my thrilled face and raced forward by Chases side to join the others who were creating small bursts of fire to roast the chestnuts and snowman shaped marshmallows that they had gathered.

"It's wonderful isn't it?" proclaimed Adelia, looking up at the humungous Christmas tree.

"Yeah" I gasped as I looked around in mesmerisation.

It was then that my eyes rested on a lonely figure, sitting alone on one of the sofas. Taking another look around at everyones happy faces, I left our cheery circle and made my way over to the boy who sat alone.

"Shade?" I greeted, sitting down lightly next to him.

"Oh, hey" he replied, looking over to me gloomily.

"Why don't you come and spend Christmas with us?" I questioned carefully.

He looked over at the others and fought off a small smile as he watched them throw around mini fireballs and marshmallows.

"Are you sure that you want me to?" he asked, returning his attention to me "I haven't exactly been nice to you" he continued in a hard tone.

"I know, but nobody should be alone at Christmas" I replied, "besides, this is your chance to show us all that you're not just an emotionless ass that lives to make me miserable" I finished with a laugh.