Pilot

A/N I HIGHLY  recommend you watch the show before reading this. I'm a awful writer and you will probably be confused if your don't. Ok love you bye.

Hey, my name is Mary Peralta. I'm 22 and a detective. I know its weird to be a detective this young but I was only a cop for nine months. All I did was solve a big case and they promoted me.
I live downtown and by myself. About me? umm, I really like to party. I like to drink and get dressed up. I love my job but I'm pretty laid back. If I see you smoke a little pot I'm not going to do anything. My favorite part about being a detective is going undercover. I love it so much. Another thing that you probably already know I work with my brother Jake. Look I love Jakie but sometimes he does stupid stuff. We are very different.

I was sitting at my desk just doing paperwork and Jake walks in looking very cocky. Amy trails behind him looking sad. I guess that's another point for my brother. My brother and Amy have this bet on who brings in my felons. The whole thing is stupid but more bad guys get put away so that's good.

So in the briefing room, we learned that there was another murder. All the detectives got assigned to check out the crime scene.

When I get back from the bathroom who I assume is the new captain standing in front of my brother making him do a robot voice. I have to bite my tongue back to not laugh so I don't also get in trouble. He calls Serge in his office and I walk up to Jake. "Already doesn't like you, is that a new record.", he rolls his eyes at me. "Ha, Ha", the fake laughs. "What did you do", I ask leaning on his desk. "He heard me making a funny joke about him". "It wasn't funny", Amy says.

At the crime scene, my brother and I got put on door duty because my brother was being an idiot in front of the captain, who probably hates me already because of him.

We knock on the door and a kid in his 20's opens up. It smelled so strong of weed and the others were so high. I sigh and walk away and let my brother handle this one, and I'll go start on the next one. The next man is just as bad so I move up a floor. "Wow newspaper, what is this guy 80. Seriously who alive is reading newspapers?" I say. Then a really old man opens the door. Listen I love old people and I didn't know that he would be old. My brother was holding his laughter in.

We were going over the case and Jackie had to bring up the old man. "What's worse is that Mary wished death on 90 year old". I signed loudly to show it's not true and slapped him on the back.

We were getting our assignments when the captain had to bring up the tie thing. I have always dressed nice but my brother would do everything not to. "Actually sir," he says standing. "I am wearing a tie", and he pulls up his shirt to see a tie around his belly. I immediately pulled down his shirt and pushed him back in his chair. God, I hope we don't get fired because of him. "Sir I'm so sorry he", I tried to think of an explanation but I just couldn't. "It's alright detective your not at fault for your brother", I give a small smile and he turns to Jake. Before he starts the lecture I turn and walk away.

Less then five minutes later Jake walks up with Boyle behind him. "Come on Mar we have a lead". I pick up my jacket, "did you tell captain?". I say "Course", Jake says like he's offended that I even asked.

We got to a local deli because apparently, they sell that fancy ham here. Boyle and my brother start to question a guy named Rothko, who is guilty of something but I'm not too interested so I take a step back and watch. They start to do "role play" as they call it and Rothko starts to run.
I immediately go to the doors and lock them telling citizens to get down. Jake and Rothko start fighting and knock down a shelf with me conveniently on the other side. I tried to dive out of the way but my legs got stuck under. I wasn't hurt I was fine but I couldn't get up or help. I look to my right and see Boyle getting suffocated in ice cream, then Rothko getting away.
"Mary?", Jakie yells confused on where I went. "Down here", I say putting my hand up. "You think you couldn't help", I rolled my eyes. They pulled it off and helped me up. "Are you ok?" "Yeah fine", I answer brushing off my arms.

Now we are getting yelf at because apparently Jake lies to me and didn't tell the Captain where we were going. I'm just sitting in the chair in the back so my brother can try to talk his way out of this. "And Ms. Peralta, I expected more from you". "Sorry", I say ready to take the blame so he is in less trouble.

Jake got assigned the records room for his punishment. I went in to see him and he apologized but I'm still very pissed. I was getting coffee when I heard the captain calling us to the records room. "Please not my sister", I hear my brother beg. I walk in and see my brother in a speedo and the outline of a body part I never wanted to see of his. "Oh, I'm gonna be sick", I say and walk very fast away from there.

Guess who got assigned to do a stakeout with Jake and Captain. Lucky Me! I'm in the passenger seat and Jake is in the back, still talking about the damn dress code. "Because I'm gay" I already knew I saw the paper on his desk and I guess Jake did not. His face was amazing. "I really am a bad detective", I laughed at him which makes him smile and I swear I see a little twitch on captains lips. "When did you come out sir?" I ask with a smile. "About 25 years ago". Then he started to tell his story and how he made it to a captain. "I'm sorry I feel like a jackass", I turn to Jake. "Because you are a jackass", I assured him. "There's Rothko" we all get out of the car and run towards the building.
We got Rothko. We learned about the whole tie thing and I think my brother is less of a dick now.

////////////////////////////////
A/N
Hey y'all if you liked it please give it a star if it needs work leave me a comment of what you would like. Please share if you enjoyed. Love you bye