Wonderlust

Navigating the scattering, screaming crowd feels an awful lot like playing a round of real-life Frogger

Yoongi swerves around a tree root and narrowly avoids getting impaled by what appears to be a unicorn galloping by. You, in turn, leap over three tiny creatures with lizard-like tails and almost disappear into a pile of bronze leaves that stack up into a metallic leafy pile that's higher than your head,

"Whoa!" Yoongi grabs the back of your T-shirt with both of his cuffed hands, pulling you back from the brink as your arms wave in a panicked, seal-like up and down motion.

Yoongi swings you around with your own momentum, safely directing you away from the pile. In the process, you face backwards, towards the place that the two of you left Mihal and the flaming man locked in combat.

Your heart drops into your stomach like a plummeting rock when you see that Yoongi's grey-furred master is loping toward you with determination.

"Go, go, go!" you shriek, not even having time to thank Yoongi before shoving him back into a sprint.

"What is it?!" Taking a quick peek behind you, your companion groans in frustration at the sight of his former kidnapper.

"Yeah," you mutter under your breath, panting from the physical exertion you're putting yourself through. "Thanks a lot for making sure the only Wookiee in the space station is after us!"

"What is a Wookiee?" Yoongi yells.

"I'll tell you later!" is your response, because the long-legged stride of the grey-furred thing is eating up the distance between you, slowly but surely lessening the fissure of space between you.

If you and Yoongi don't figure out a plan to get out of here quick, you'll end up right back where you started.

"Okay, what's the plan?" you ask, not slowing down in your running as the words bump and tumble out of you. You're surprised Yoongi can even hear you among all the alien clatter and shrieking at all.

"I know where his space craft is," Yoongi says. Even though he isn't much larger than you in stature, he's incredibly fast, his slender legs moving in a quick blur that makes you struggle to keep up. The two of you swerve and weave through the people, feeling like salmon forcing your way upstream a torrid river. "I was watching this whole time as he brought me here, and I think I can fly it. We just have to get there!"

Even while running, you have to gaze at Yoongi with open-mouthed awe. "You learned to fly a spaceship just by watching? You can do - eek!" You cut yourself short for a moment to duck beneath a winged lemur careening past your head. "You can do that?"