Fate

Ella's pov:

"Oh you two finally decided to join us for dinner." Luke's dad says as Luke and I walk into the dining room where everyone was already seated.

Luck not being on our side, instead of sitting next to each other like the previous dinner, the only seats that were left open where across from one another, which would have been okay if the table wasn't so big.

As Luke took one of the seats, I couldn't help but glare at the other.

As much as I loved Ally who was sitting on the left, the person on the right wasn't so... kind hearted.

In fact, he was missing a heart and a brain.

It was terrible pick up line guy, Mason.

Who was sitting there with a smirk on his face when he figured out that I would be sitting next to him.

Fighting with myself, I sit down in the seat and look at Luke in front of me as he gives me an encouraging, much needed, smile.

"I'm am so glad that you guys could make it!" Luke's mom says, clapping her hands together and smiling.

But it was always so weird to me. On the outside, she seemed like such a nice person.

Like greeting me at the door, or just being happy in general. But like my mom before everything happened, it was just a mask.

I can't believe she was disappointed in Luke because he wasn't like his brothers.

Who cares if they are on their way to becoming business men or whatever, money can't buy a heart.

I just wished his mom could see the real Luke, or not compare him to his older brothers all the time.

One day, she is going to figure out that she really missed out on someone amazing.

I guess same with his dad too, passing his business to his sons. At least Luke is working for his future, not letting everything get handed to him.

"Of course we would make it! We love keeping in touch with you guys and your beautiful family." My mom says smiling back.

Trust me mom is great...

But is she blind?

Yes, Luke is attractive...

As I probably accidentally mentioned too many times...

But his brothers... yeah no.

I could never be attracted to someone with such an ugly personality.

"Woah, how lucky did I get to be sitting next to an Angel?." I hear a voice from beside me.

Speaking of the devil....

"How lucky did I get to be sitting next to... oh wait, it's just you." I say, not dealing wanting to deal with the same situation as last time.

Meanwhile Ally, who nearly spits out the water she was drinking, holds back from laughing.

"Just me? You mean the man of your dreams."

"Or nightmares." I mutter, not expecting him to hear it.

"It's been so long, why didn't you try to call me?"

"I lost my phone."

"You should have it now, I'll give it to you.

"Correction my dog... ate it, and it was a very emotional time."

"Aren't you just playing hard to get."