one

THE RUNAWAY
episodè ońe

( 001 )

❝Don't you dare put on that face in front of our guest

Don't you dare put on that face in front of our guest. People will think I abuse you or something." Mrs Lee Yejin said to Haewon who currently having an emotionless face on.

She put her chin on her palm. Haewon sighed. She looks outside the window from her bedroom. There's children were playing kites together.

They looked so happy.

Mrs Lee that noticed the silence, walked slowly towards Haewon. She stood beside her, looking at the children too.

"After I married Jiyong, I got all the thing that I wanted in my life. We're well off, we are not the same person who rent the rooftop to lives. And you knows we need to sacrifice something to get this far," she said. Haewon closed her eyes. She's clearly dissapointed with her mom.

Mrs Lee bend down to look at Haewon in the eyes. Gently, with both hand, she cupped Haewon's cheek to look at her in the eyes.

"Listen. We will give you happiness. Another kind of happiness. Why you need to be like this? Just forget those memories. Tell us how much money you want and-"

"Mom," Haewon called, she was trying to keep herself calm. She looks at her mother in the eyes, finally. "Are you happy?"

"Of course I am! We got a lot of money, I'm married to your dad and I have the most beautiful daughter besides me. I'm living my best life." Mrs Lee said with a forced smile.

Haewon removes her Mrs Lee's hand from her face. "What kind of dad that abuse his own child, mom? You do know about this, don't you?" Her eyes got teary, she's hurt. Her mother will never change. And she knows that.

"He's a stepdad, not my dad. Stop it mom, money can't give us happiness. You know that," Haewon said, tears running down her cheek.

Mrs Lee stand up. Its actually hard for her to look at her daughter cry, but she needs to protect what she want in her life. Mrs Lee hold her tears, trying her best to look strong.

"Get downstairs after you done crying. Smile as sincere as possible. We can't make the guest wait any longer, this is your birthday party after all," Mrs Lee step out from Haewon's bedroom, left her crying, alone.

-

Haewon took a deep breath. Slowly, she open the window. The cold autumn breeze did nothing to calm her down.

She wanted to run away. She don't care where, as long as it's far from this city.

She jumped to the ground, with the help of rope that she tied to her bedroom window. She looks at her dress that is covered with soil.

"I should've changed my clothes." She sighed.

"Haewon!" She heard Mrs Lee called her name, making Haewon run as fast as she can into the forest.

She want to escape. She need to escape.