baby goats

Jennie Kim
so, how was the date?

did you spend the whole time trying not to picture her naked?

Boring
no.

but I am now

thanks.

and it was definitely not a date.

Jennie Kim
boooo

Boring
we're friends.

Jennie Kim
booooooo

Boring
😤😤😤

Jennie Kim
oooh, actual emojis. Retro.

Anyway I know it wasnt a date

lisa's totally str8, yawn

Boring
wait, really?

How do you know?

Jennie Kim
try not to sound too eager there

I asked her out and one time and she said no

therefore she must be one hundred percent hetero

Boring
lol

wait you're not serious are you?

Jennie Kim
deadly

Boring
you're the biggest narcisist I have ever met

*narcissist

Jennie Kim
thank you darling

Boring
not a compliment

Jennie Kim changed her nickname to Narcissist

Narcissist
u just wish u had my confidence

Boring
i'm plenty confident

Narcissist
if ur so confident why havent u asked lisa out instead of trrying to sneak information out of me?

Boring
because I don't want to go out with her!!

i'm just curious

Narcissist
suuuuuuuure honey

ok gtg the couple I hooked up with last night r gonna wake up soon and I dont want to talk to them

•••

Chaeyoung was supposed to be reading a TS Eliot essay on the nature of individual talent for class. It was, according to one of her professors, formative for multiple schools of art criticism and the perception of cultural value in the world today. She was really trying to get on with it too, she had the document open and everything. Any second now she was going to get round to it. Right now though? Right now she was facebook stalking Lisa.

Chaeyoung couldn't believe that in the six years they'd been apart she had never thought to look the other girl up online, to check in and see what direction her life had gone in. It wasn't like she hadn't thought of her, often. The timing had just never been right. When she had first moved away everything had felt so fresh, she had felt like a traitor, like she was abandoning Lisa right when she needed her most. Before she knew it though, it had been too long, too long to try and re-establish casual contact, and so the pressure began to build to make her first message perfect, to offer up some explanation for the radio silence.

In the end though, no perfect answer had come. A few weeks had turned into a few months had turned into a guilty expectation that she would never get to see her best friend again. Chaeyoung just wished there was some way for her to turn back time. Well, it didn't matter now, Chaeyoung had been given a second chance and she was determined not to screw it up this time. Hence, the facebook stalking.