Chapter 1

Y/N's POV

I opened my eyes to see myself in my room.

It was a fine day here in our town. I looked down my room balcony and see people walking by.

"I see you woke up pretty early little sis.."

I turned around and saw Imelda on my bedroom door. "Why do you keep on coming here every morning Imelda?" I asked her in an annoyed voice.

"Aishh!! I don't want you to skip breakfast. Your getting pretty thin nowadays." She explained and pinched my elbow.

"Ow!Fine fine.." I rolled my eyes and closed the door. I got a long nice bath and got some dress to wear.

I slide down the stair rails and walked to the dining room

"Buenos Dias Mama" I kissed her right cheek before sitting down. "I see that you woke up early today mija. Anything important to do?" Mama asked.

"Nothing mama." I continued to eat my food quietly and Imelda seemed to notice my time of silence.

"You barely eat without saying a word. Anything bothering you?" She asked and eyed me. I just shrugged and continued to eat.

"Y/N, can you go to the market later? Imelda drank the whole box of milk and were out of it."

"I didn't drank that Mama!"

I chuckled and continued to eat. After eating I decided to finish my sketch of the butterfly I caught the other day. Sketching was my hobby and everyone knew me for being a good sketcher.

I walked to my room table and started to sketch the butterfly I had in a little jar. It was pretty hard for me to finish it since the butterfly keeps on flying inside the jar..

After 30 minutes, it was done. I stared at it for a sec if it looked good.

My bedroom door opened all of a sudden making me flinch

My bedroom door opened all of a sudden making me flinch. I looked to see Imelda with a smile on her face.

"What are you doing Y/N?" She asked and tried to peek on the drawing I made.

"I wanna see!"

She snatched my sketching book and looked at my sketch. She must've think my work is stupid.

"I know I know Imelda. My works look like trash." I said and slammed my head on my table.

"Incréible Y/N!!! This looks amazing!" She exclaimed in excitement.

"It is?" I asked again.

"Si! What gave you the idea to draw a beautiful butterfly?" She asked and sat next to me.

"Well, butterflies are beautiful so I decided to draw them just for fun." I explained and grabbed my sketching book from her hands.

"Hmm butterflies, they hold a lot of myths." She stated. What does she mean 'myths'?

"Myths?" I asked and she nodded.

"You don't know about the butterfly legend?" She asked in disbelief as I shook my head.

"Tell me the myth Imelda." I looked like 5 year old waiting for Imelda to tell me a story. She chuckled before speaking.

"You see, there was a princess who always helps people in finding their true love. Everyone adored her, but her heart belongs to someone."

I started to like where this myth was going.

"The princess and the man would see each other in secrets, not letting anyone find out about their relationship. But another man found out about it and told the king."

"Then?"

"The king was furious and called the man who was said to have a relationship with her daughter. The king told his guards to kill the man and this made the princess angry."

"Woahh..t-"

"The princess cried and walked to the Tree of Love. The tree of love is the princess and her lover's favorite place. She cried till a fairy came to help her."

"A fairy?" I asked and she nodded.

"That fairy told the princess that the only way for her to be united again is to sacrifice herself and die. She accepted the deal. She grabbed a knife and killed herself. Everyone saw the princess lying dead below that tree. But when they came back to get her body, she was nowhere to be found."

"Woahh..what happened to her?"

"No one saw her body but they felt the princess' presence seeing butterflies around the Tree. If you see the biggest and most beautiful butterfly on that tree, people say that it's the princess in the form of a butterfly. Her story was one of the most beloved one here."

Wow...that princess turned to a butterfly...just to be with her true love.

"Where is this Tree of Love now?" I asked.

"The tree was lost and no one had found it ever since. People say that it justs dissapears."

"Ohh.."

"And people say that if you follow a butterfly, it will guide you to the best path in your life."

"That myth was so amazing. I hope that the princess and her lover is now together."

I grabbed my jar where my butterfly was and opened the cap.

"Come out little fella.."

The butterfly flew out of my balcony till it was out of my sight. I smiled and sat on my bed.

"You ok mija?" Imelda asked me.

"I-I'm fine Imelda. Just thinking about specific things."

"Come on mija, you still need to buy some supplies for mom."

We walked down and I walked up to my mom.

"Mama I should go now." I kissed her cheek and she gave me the money and basket.

"Buy all the supplies that's in this." She gave me a small paper.

Should be easy to get.

"I gotta go. Bye mama."

"Don't take too long."

"And don't talk to men!"

I rolled at how Imelda was so protective. I ran out of the house and went to the market.