Arranged Marriage To The Werewolf Prince

“Come on!” I yelled to Anastasia, my younger sister, climbing up the tall tree that my father had played on when he was our age.

“I’m tiny, wait for me!” She said running towards the tree.

We were climbing to the top of the tree to get the best spot in the house. King Vincent and his son were coming into town for a yearly check of the town, Elda. To see how it was doing economically, recreationally, educationally, etc. I’d met the King and Queen before and they were lovely people and I could see how they had be ruling for so many years.

This was the first year their son was coming into town, Charlie. Every girl in town swooned at even his name. I’d never understood what all the fuss was about, it wasn’t like he was a Greek God.

“Has the event started yet?” Anna asked.

I squinted at the horizon, “No, not yet.”

“Good, I want to see that hottie, Charlie!” She giggled.

Hottie?!” I scoffed. “You don’t even know what he looks like!”

“Yeah,” She sighed. “But I can imagine.”

“You’re only fifteen,” I told her.

She rolled her eyes, “Like you never did this at fifteen - you’re not a saint, Elena.”

“Whatever,” I told her. “And for your information at your age I played in the mud and build tons of mud castles.”

“Shh!” She interrupted not bothering to listen. “It’s starting!”

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Once the event ended, we climbed down and went home. Our dad had been part of the event because the King liked my father; he was the one who chose him to be mayor.

“Girls!” My mother gasped taking in our rugged appearances.

“What?” I said - I always looked like this.

“The King and Prince will be here in less than an hour, clean yourselves up!” She ordered. Ana went straight to her room as fast as she could, giddy with excitement. I stood in my spot. “Well?” My mom asked.

“Why do I have to look nice?”

“Elena!” She said with a glare.

“Fine,” I grumbled marching to my room.

“Let me see you when you’re done!” She obviously didn’t trust me... smart.

About an hour of torturing my hair with a tight bun, face with some makeup, and myself with a dress I was done. I walked into the hall and my mother nodded slightly approving - I remembered the last time I slacked, and I had to hear her yelling.

“You’ll be serving the prince when he gets here,” She told me.

“WHAT?!” I exclaimed. First, she makes me look like a girly girl and now she wants me to take orders from some guy who was probably cocky. This was too much. Besides, had it been anyone else I would have served them, but we had more experienced maids here - why did I have to?

“You don’t have to like it, but you’ll do it!” She told me in a finalizing tone.

“Lucky!” Anastasia whined.

“Why don’t you take my place,” I said with a sly smile.

“No.” Our mother spat.

I groaned and sat down on the deck that faced the backyard. I could hear people approaching the front of the house. Great now I can act like a girly girl; I rolled my eyes.

I got up and went to the front door since my mother and sister were obviously too preoccupied to answer it. “Hello, King Vincent,” I put on a fake smile for him.

“Now, now Elena - you don’t have pretend to be happy, I’ve never seen you wear a dress before,” He noted - he had an uncanny way of relating to people.

“My mom made me wear it,” I told him.

He chuckled, “Kristin, where is she?”

“I believe she is upstairs,” I told him.

My dad was the next to enter the house. “Can I change clothes, this dress is icky!?” I heard people behind him chuckling.

“No, sweetie, your mother would yell at both of us if I let you,” He let out a short chuckle.

“Fine,” I pouted.

A few guards came in and finally the prince I’d heard so much about. The first things I noticed were his eyes, like deep pools of chocolate. He had sandy blond hair and I guess I had spoken to soon before. He was like a Greek God.

I quickly snapped out of my daze, “Hello, according to my wonderful mother I’m suppose to do stuff for you, don’t ask for too much or else I’ll explode.”

He rolled his eyes, “In that case, can you get me a soda, crepe, dog-”

“Don’t push it,” I hissed before walking upstairs.

My mother stopped me in the hall, “Have you met Prince Charles?”

I nodded, “I told him all about me being a servant for him.”

“Well done - dinner will be in at six, tell your sister she has three more hours,” She told me.

“Whatever,” I sighed and went across the hall knocking on the door to my sister’s room.

“What?” She asked in an annoyed tone from inside.

“Mom says dinners at six - you have three more hours to ruin your hair and cake your face in crap,” I yelled to her.

I turned to go to my room when I saw Charles at the same end of the hall with a smirk. “Are you always so pleasant?”