Arranged Marriage To The Werewolf Prince -4-

A month until the wedding. I wondered what would happen within the month.

I heard Charlie come in the room as I was listening to my iPod. “Hey, wifey!” He had become accustomed to calling me that now.

I ignored him.

“Wifey, I know you can hear me!” He said.

I kept my resolve and continued to ignore him. I heard him sit on the bed next to me, usually he left me after the poor attempts to irk me. I tried to ignore him so he’d stop, but it seemed like he never would.

I was about to question him when I felt a pair of warm lips on my neck. They made me shiver and I froze - I averted my gaze to Charlie suspiciously. He left kisses on my neck to my ear then back. He tried to find the one spot on my neck, and I prayed that he wouldn’t find it.

This was not helping with my hatred of him. He found it and I let out a quiet moan. “Elena,” His voice was deeper than normal. He sucked on the spot and I let out a few more moans. Then, he moved back to his side. I gave him a quizzical look. I put a hand up to my neck and it hurt a lot.

“Until that mark goes away, you’re mine,” He told me before getting up.

Once he left, I went to look in the mirror. A hickey... just what I needed. I groaned. I hated Charlie. So much I could barely stand it.

“My brother’s always been strange,” Skyler said after I explained to her my annoyance later that day. “But he doesn’t hate you.”

“Why would he mark me?”

She shrugged, but her eyes looked like she was hiding something.

“What are you hiding?”

“Nothing,” She said with wide, too honest eyes.

I let it go not wanting to interrogate her. “What should I do?”

“Talk to Charlie,” She suggested.

“I’ll try,” I said. I went up to the bedroom to see an exotic looking girl with Charlie. She kissed him... on the lips. The door slammed shut and both figures looked up in surprise.

“Elena...” Charlie said. “I’m no-”

I turned back and slammed the doors shut. I ran to the backyard holding my tears until I got into the forest. Charlie was a jerk after all! Kissing and marking me and then going around kissing some other girl!

I felt something wet rubbing against my hand and I saw that wolf again. He was rubbing his cold nose to my hand; he looked upset.

I tangled my hand in his fur and gently pet the kind giant wolf. It seemed more caring than Charlie did. I wish none of this happened that I had never become Charlie’s temporary servant that they had never arranged my marriage with Charlie. I fell asleep in the forest.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

When I woke up I was in the bed room I shared with Charlie. He was there and I frowned. “Why do you hate me?”

“I don’t hate you,” He said.

“Really?” I hissed. “I know it’s not just me, but most guys don’t kiss other girls when they are going to be married even if it is arranged.”

“Jealous?” He teased.

“UGH! A wolf is more helpful than you!” I yelled.

He chuckled, “I think I’m pretty helpful.”

“You’re pretty mean!”

“Look that girl was a maid-”

“Do you do that to all the maids?” I questioned.

“She kissed me!”

I sighed, “I really have a hard time believing-”

“You don’t trust me...”

“When have you given me a reason to trust you,” I spat.

“I guess we know where the line stands between us,” He said walking out.

What had I just done?