Introduction

2000's

"Now, we'll never be apart. Ill have a small piece of you and you gone always have a piece of me." Andre said as he stood behind me and clamped my necklace around my neck. I turned to him and smiled, happily.

 I turned to him and smiled, happily

"Its beautiful! I love it." I said as i held my locket admiring it. It had his initials in the inside of the heart shape necklace. I gave him the tightest hug ever.

"I knew you would.." he said as we walked side by side down the side walk.

"When you open your restaurant, ill be the first customer there." I smiled as i nudged him. Andre always said how he wanted to own a business one day. He saw past gang banging and selling drugs. He once said to me that it wasn't a pleasant future in that.

He chuckled as he tucked his hands into his pockets looking at his feet taking each step. "And you can manage the place." He said to me.

"Or i can have my own thang." I sang. We joined together in laughter. I looked up at the sky and noticed it was almost dark remembering how my parents would flip if i didn't beat the street lights.

"Well, its getting late and i have to beat the street lights." I said.

"Alright, ill see you tomorrow when i pick you up from school?" Andre asked.

I nodded and waved him off as he went his opposite direction.

Andre was the youngest person i knew to have his own car and cell phone. I barely knew anyone with a cellular phone. But knowing who his family is, that comes to no surprise. Everyone from our section knew his dad Andre Carter and his two uncles, Deldren and Michael. They were all big time drug dealers but looking at them, you would never suspect anything. To cover up there illegal activities, they owned a family business. Andre's family all sold cars. And not just any old lemons, they had nice cars.

Dre was that guy every girl would kill to have. They all flocked over him and was charmed by his dazzling smile. He was always best dressed, known for being that some what rich kid in school and on top of that he was a gentlemen. Not to mention he was respectful and well respected by everyone. I guess thats why i liked him so much. He's always been one of one. I just wish my parents could see what I see in him.

My mom and dad didn't too much approve of him since i was 14 and he was 17. Not only was it an age gap but Andre dropped out of school to hustle and was deep in a gang. Andre  was a crip but he was my best friend before any of that.

When i got home, i walked into the house and threw my book bag down by the front door. I entered the kitchen and saw my parents sitting at the table with drugs surrounding them counting money. They both were dope dealers and never tried to hide their choice of work from their children. Considering they did the exact same thing as Andre and his parents, you would think they would at least give him a chance. It's not like he or even I could change the family we were born into.