seven

seven; shower sing-alongs

Niall decides to ring his mom since he hasn't heard from her in a while. She probably doesn't even know that he's stuck in a blizzard at the moment.

She answers on the third ring, "My boy, how are you?"

"Ma! I'm good, I'm actually stuck indoors due to a blizzard right now but I'm with Harry because I came to visit him since we haven't seen each other in a while and what do ya know, we get stuck inside together." Niall says.

"Oh wow, fate has a funny way of working, doesn't it? Well I'm glad you're doing well. Your dad's upset because his footie team is losing right now, you might even be able to hear him cursing at the television. Anyway, how have you been keeping yourself occupied?"

"Well Harry insisted I dye my hair brown, so I'm not a blondie anymore. We baked some cookies with Harry's older neighbor and we also played scrabble but neither of us really won." Niall lists, thinking back to each memory.

Maura laughs, "Sounds like you're having a lovely time. Well I have to finish cooking dinner but text me when the blizzard dies down."

"Alright, will do. Bye ma, love you." Niall dismisses.

"Love you too, sweetie." And after that, he hangs up.

Once he locks his phone, he glances around to find where Harry wandered off to and sees that he's in the kitchen, laughing. He walks over to him and brings an arm around Harry's shoulder.

"Put her on speaker phone, I wanna talk to her." Niall commands.

Harry obeys and places his the call on speaker, "Hey mum, Niall wants to say hi."

"Hey Anne! How have you been?" Niall speaks.

"I've been good, catching up on reading. What about you? What have you been up to?"

"Well I'm a brunette now, your son insisted that I dye my hair." Niall mentions.

"Harry was just telling me about that, silly boys you two are."

Niall began catching up with Harry's mother, he was always close with her whenever he visited Holmes Chapel with Harry. He had actually been over there a few times, and once he brought back his mum to visit. Anne and Maura are quite good friends now because of them. As they ran out of things to talk about, Harry eventually ended the call and promised to text her later. Niall said goodbye loudly into the speaker accidentally, causing Anne to flinch and yell at the boy but it was okay, Niall was like family to them.

Harry locked his phone and slid it back into his pocket, looking over at Niall. He still wore Harry's clothing and he honestly looked quite fine in it. It wasn't as extravagant as the last outfits, which is what Niall prefered. Harry simply enjoyed fancy and trendy clothes, who can blame him?

"What're ya staring at?" Niall asked, furrowing his eyebrows.

"A gorgeous man in my kitchen," Harry replied, casually.

"Oh you're just saying that because I'm wearing your clothing." He denied.

Harry laughed and shook his head, "That's where you're wrong my friend. You actually look quite ravishing in general, whether or not you're in my clothes."

The atmosphere had changed, it wasn't anything too drastic and it definitely wasn't bad but Niall couldn't help but start to feel something gathering tightly in his chest. He was very flattered but he still felt as if Harry was just saying it to be nice.